Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the text of an Email from the lovely Mrs. Homer...

"Homer had a quadruple bypass yesterday and is doing good according to the ICU nursing staff. Our daughter, Kim and I were there the limited time we were allowed yesterday and I just checked this morning and he is doing fine. (my idea of fine and their idea of fine is probably different). We cannot see him till 10:00 and then for only a short time. Kim and I will be there whenever we can.
He could whisper to tell us he was ok and was glad we were both there. He is looking toward a difficult (but definitely possible) recovery. I'm sure that right now he was wishing that he was the one here typing this note.
Note: later today at 4:45 - just returned from visiting Homer and he has already improved. operation went great, color is good, has almost all tubes removed, is in good humor, and will be able to move out of ICU as soon as a room becomes available."

::forgive me for posting this Homer, but you have too many friends on this board who CARE. Godspeed to a full, fast recovery::

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hurry back Homer!

We need your advice and candor badly.
I hope for a speedy and complete recovery for you!
You need to get back before the dust starts accumulating on the MO.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Homer

Here's to a speedy recovery. Hope and pray all goes well for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Message board is not the same without you. I hope you have speedy recovery Homer!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
get well soon! :29:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Homer...get well soon.

The forum is missing you

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hurry back Homer..............
Let us know how u doing.............

·
Registered
834 Posts
Get well soon!

·
5,268 Posts
MVTCFP

thanks for telling us.....

Homer,

i believe I speak for all of the board members - speedy recovery and come back soon!

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Homer, sounds like the manufacturers warranty wasn't so great, but you've got a good team of mechanics!

I hope you get your engine back in shape. I'm looking forward to seeing you back on line, and I'm sure your Murano, like us, misses you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hope the best for you (and your wife and daughter). Looking forward to seeing you back on the forum as soon as possible.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Homer! My Mom had a quad bypass, so I know what's involved. Just cough and blow into the "thingy" when those bossy nurses tell you to, get up and start walking around as soon as you can, etc. etc... before you know it, you'll be back behind the wheel of you MO and posting on this forum again!!! hope to hear from you soon! aloha!!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm baaaaaaackkkkkkkkkk.

Feel like i did the three times I have beat up real bad.
Maybe some can relate.
I took some shrapnel to both knees in Vietnam in 64, pulled a smart a$$ out of a Corvette in New Orleans and laid some whup a$$ on him(Note: The next time do NOT pull the starting offensive right tackle of the Tulane football team out of a Corvette and embarrass him in front of his little cheerleader. He WILL get up. All 6'7" 301 pounds of him WILL get up.)
And then there was the time me an a AF buddy marched into Mario's on a rainy nite in GA and announced that all the paratroopers in there were sissies...........

But, like those times of long ago,I'll get better.

I'm a little weak.
It gave me an opportunity that I will bet that some of you have NEVER done in your Murano!
I rode in the back seat.
It's NICE back there!

I'll start out slow but will post more as I feel better.
At 66 and retired I won't bounce as fast nor as Far as I used to, but I expect t be almost normal in 2-3 months.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Homer:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts