2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow-up, I received this reply from a co-worker:

------------------------------------------
The report in question, from the Union of Concerned Scientists (links to executive summary and full report next to second paragraph) –

http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/cars_and_suvs/page.cfm?pageID=1567

Volkswagen isn’t one of the “Big Six” mentioned, but I can’t help but toot the horn of TDI’s running on biodiesel, as helping to reduce harmful emissions.
------------------------------------------

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Toot Toot in diesel talk is" Rattle Rattle, GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GripperDon said:
Toot Toot in diesel talk is" Rattle Rattle, GRIP :D
Actually, I've been quite impressed with the new diesel cars. They no longer have the black smoke and rattling engines that my old '81 rabbit had. You probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the newer diesels (the ones make in the last couple years) and a gas car unless you saw the label.

And especially with the biodiesel (pricy but effective and environmentally friendlier) the fumes are MUCH less toxic than of a gas car.

The mileage that these new diesels are able to get are astounding as well.

By the time my wife's car needs to be replaced (3-5 years from now) we'll have some very interesting options. VW is even planning to come out with a diesel-hybrid soon.

I'd actually be interested in a diesel MO, but the torque would probably rip the CVT in half in 3.5 seconds of my driving... ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I guess GM's Escalade doesn't help much. It will be interesting to see if Nissan slipps given their new larger vehicles.

I must admit I do from time to time feel guilty about driving such a large vehicle... 90% of the time it is not necessary. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Honda

Well, Hondas are just not fun, despite "greenest" award.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Honda

DrMurano said:
Well, Hondas are just not fun, despite "greenest" award.
To each their own. I loved driving my CRX. I like my current Del Sol almost as much. Both cars were/are VERY fun to drive. Jump over to the Acura line and you have several options. And amost all of them a fraction of the cost of the Nissan "fun" cars.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Green Schmeen it's a LawnMOing Machine, give me a MO, cause it's MO FUN IN A MO!. GRIP :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts