Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
That's why you should never drop the clutch... Instant hamburger. Well Ok, Hamsterburger...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
The link won't work....whats was the story?

I owned the 5,839th RSX Type S ever made with the new I-VTEC motor. It had a red-line from the factory of 8K RPM. With an ECU mod, it was easily doing 9K RPM with wanting more. (Intake springs were from J-Spec Integra and Exhaust were from S2000--both of which had 9K RPM red lines). The only thing I didn't like about it was that it consumed oil. It never smoked but if I was in VTEC a lot, it drank oil like there was no tomorrow. Other RSX owners experienced the same thing as well....
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
I'm going to start using these...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Mine NEVER had any of that. It had Eibach springs, lol. The only thing I could get cited for by your ticket there is having no camber correction kit, but I didn't need one????
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Dookie said:
Mine NEVER had any of that. It had Eibach springs, lol. The only thing I could get cited for by your ticket there is having no camber correction kit, but I didn't need one????
are you sure??

how do you measure for this, or, do you need to go to an alignment shop??

i am thinking of a drop 1.2" (max) , but dont know the exact camber offset i (think) need...
 

·
Nissan Enthusiast
Joined
·
197 Posts
I LOVE THAT TICKET!!!! And I really love when these little rice-mobiles pass me making a whole lot of noise and doing nothing in terms of horse power. My Murano can kick their little as*es stock. I think the most offensive violation is the camber correction. How can you think your car is high performance when you cut the springs but your wheels look like they are going to fall off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
When you lower your car, the camber is affected the most. (the top of the wheel is slanted in.) I had a 1.5" drop and it was just within max allowable spec for proper wheel alignment. Any place that aligns cars can tell you if anything needs adjusted.
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Dookie said:
When you lower your car, the camber is affected the most. (the top of the wheel is slanted in.) I had a 1.5" drop and it was just within max allowable spec for proper wheel alignment. Any place that aligns cars can tell you if anything needs adjusted.
thnx DOOK

i think i'll get the adjust camber ___? when i orer the eibach's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
I had an Eibach Pro-Kit as well. Usually, if you stick with the Pro-Kit, you won't need a camber kit. A little camber isgood for better handling. If you do though, check to see if anyone makes a camber kit for the Murano. For the rear, it should be the same part as the 350Z since its the same suspension set-up. Not sure for the front though...
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Dookie said:
I had an Eibach Pro-Kit as well. Usually, if you stick with the Pro-Kit, you won't need a camber kit. A little camber isgood for better handling. If you do though, check to see if anyone makes a camber kit for the Murano. For the rear, it should be the same part as the 350Z since its the same suspension set-up. Not sure for the front though...
will do...


i think its a good saftey thing to do, as eating up these 20's could be very expensive (also dont much like the looks of lowered cars with tire squat)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Yeah, sometimes it can get too excessive. I don't like the super slammed looked, yet I don't like the huge wheel well gap either. It becomes more noticeable when you go with bigger wheels and smaller sidewall tires to compensate for the overall diameter of the OEM tire. It looks horrific if the car doesn't get lowered. I wish I could show you what my RSX looked like before and after. It looked like a mini 4x4 before the springs.

Good luck!
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Dookie said:
Yeah, sometimes it can get too excessive. I don't like the super slammed looked, yet I don't like the huge wheel well gap either. It becomes more noticeable when you go with bigger wheels and smaller sidewall tires to compensate for the overall diameter of the OEM tire. It looks horrific if the car doesn't get lowered. I wish I could show you what my RSX looked like before and after. It looked like a mini 4x4 before the springs.

Good luck!
agree 100%

i usedta think BIGGEr wheels would make the gap look lessened, but its the opposite effect... (esp. with LP tires)

check out these 22's... the gaps even bigger loking than stock (which also looks 4x4,)
 

Attachments

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, needs to be just a little lower...:D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
I'm afraid if you lower it you will loose the nice look of FX..........it may look more loke a mini(van)..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
I tend to agree with Kris.

The first impression I get of the FX (and the Beemer) when I see one on the road is that they have a sort of predatory look about them.

Lowering either one would diminish this aspect somewhat.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top