Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, my fiance and I just booked our honeymoon. Ahhhh, a 2 week vacation. Jealous? :D I don't think my Murano will be coming with me on this trip... althought I wonder if I'll see any in New Zealand and Austrialia.

Has anyone been on the princess Cruise line or to any of these stops that have info they would like to share?

http://www.princess.com/planner/iti...onthYear=1%2C2006&day=18&resShipId=&resType=C

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Awesome.

·
5,244 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I haven’t been on this cruise though I lived in Sydney for 2 years and been to Melbourne a few times. Wonderful cities.

You need to visit Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbor, climb Harbor Bridge. If you find time go west of Sydney to Blue Mountains. Oh, and the Sydney Botanical Garden, just next to Opera House. Do not forget some entertainment – Sydney famous King Cross, and Bondi Beach.

Melbourne – City is beautiful. There are many good restaurants.

New Zealand – never made it. Pity. But many of my friends who made it were stunned with scenery.

GOOD LUCK! On your marriage and the trip!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
TheGymKid said:
... althought I wonder if I'll see any in New Zealand and Austrialia....
Congradulations, and you better not be looking for any Mos on your honeymoon....:2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
My parents took that cruise back in 2003, right during the America's Cup (we're all sailors here) and had a blast. I couldn't afford to take two weeks off of work so I didn't go, but from their pictures and the stories they told, it seems like a pretty awesome trip.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Sydney info Kris... and thanks to the rest as well. CP_Mike... any excursions your parents can recomend taking or not taking?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The wife & I took a Princess cruise onboard the Grand Princess for our 5th ann.(2003). Beautiful ship, excellent service, delicious food, & cold beer! We went to the Western Carribean, had a great time, did the Jeep 4x4 jungle tour on Cozumel, just awesome. Now I cant wait for 10 years so I, oops, I mean "we", can take the 2 week African cruise so I can go on my safari! If anyone is planning a vacation, I recommend a cruise. If your planning a cruise, I definitely recommend Princess.

·
Registered
72 Posts
GymKid,

I'll have to ask my parents next time I call them if they recommend anything in particular, but as far as I can recall, they took all the excursions, and I don't remember them saying any of them were not worth going on.

They liked the harbor tour of Auckland (got to see some great tall ships plus the Americas' Cup boats). They also liked this bus ride they took inland on New Zealand and took some amazing pictures at places where they could get out and walk around. They got to see some of the places where they filmed scenes for the Lord of the Rings trilogy (they're all in this one national park or something).

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CP-Mike said:
GymKid,

I'll have to ask my parents next time I call them if they recommend anything in particular, but as far as I can recall, they took all the excursions, and I don't remember them saying any of them were not worth going on.

They liked the harbor tour of Auckland (got to see some great tall ships plus the Americas' Cup boats). They also liked this bus ride they took inland on New Zealand and took some amazing pictures at places where they could get out and walk around. They got to see some of the places where they filmed scenes for the Lord of the Rings trilogy (they're all in this one national park or something).
Thanks CP-Mike... I mentioned it to my girl already. She has bought some books and already starting some planning of excursions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts