Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 3 weeks I just got my MO out of the body show for basically front and rear bumper cover replacement and rear hatch replacement. Also had reverse sensor installed (pictures coming under a new thread soon)

It came out pretty good. However I noticed, and I can't believe its related to the accident but I noticed that the hood doesn't close as tightly on the driver's side as it does on the passenger side, basically along where the hood meets up with the fender.

Has anyone else noticed this?

The passenger side is tight enough that I can barely fit my fingers under it while the driver's side I can fit my fingers much more easily.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes mine is exactly as you describe.....and if you follow the line where the hood meets the grill, it is snug at the passenger side then opens up ever so slightly as it gets to the driver's side. However the rubber seal remains compressed all the way across.

Thought about having ther dealer check it out but decided against it because 1) it is not a huge variance side to side and 2) I think they might do more harm than good since for the life of me I don't see how they can easily adjust it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Most cars I have owned, you could adjust a rubber bumper stop under the corners of the hood. Rotating the bumper stop would raise or lower the stop and correct the hood alignment. I don't know if this is true for the Murano.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey HuskyFan my sister played volleybal for UDub.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rjardine

Good to hear it was not a result from the accident and possible on more than a few MOs. I'm going to have the body shop look at it and I have an appointment with the dealer. I don't see how it can be adjusted either. The rubber stops (two of them) that are there don't help as the one on the driver's side is up all the way. As you say the where the hood meets the latch it is very tight.

Maybe its just me but I think the hood moves on the highway on the drivers side.... must be me though. I'll keep you posted if they are able to adjust it any better.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Gonzo

Like yours the rubber stop on the drivers side is all the way up, while the passenger side is about 1/8" extended. So no more adjustment there.
Looks like those robots that can't torque the steering rack correctly, can't align the hood either!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what to do.... the dealer quickly looked and it and the dude behind the service desk started to "tinker" with my MO. He was not qualitified but was trying to help. I politely said that I would come back when a tech can look at it. I would have to leave the car with the for the day and someone from Nissan is going to want to look at it according to this guy.

Mean while I will have a body shop look at it. I don't like it, I think the hood is moving slightly while on the highway too. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts