Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of folks here and another on another forum I found on a search. The one on the other forum was sporting pics of his black Mo, in all of the comments folks were asking about his hood deflector. It was offered by Canadian dealers as an accessory.
It is the height of the high angle front of the hood. It follows that line around the front area of the hood and angles off with the top line of the headlamp lens---purrrrrrfect IMHO.

I have asked the d00d from courtesy Nissan twice to get a line on it, I have yet to see an answer. Does anyone know where I can get this thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I've been interested in getting this too. I live in Canada, and could pick one up for you (and anyone else interested) and ship it to you. Perhaps we can start a group buy if there is more interest.

I can contact my local parts guy and see what sort of a deal he can get for us. Oakville Nissan has them on for $10 off, plus an extra 15% off if you order online. They only ship to Canada, though.

If you would like, I can get some more accurate price quotes. If you are interested, I wouldn't put any sort of mark-up on it. I'd order and ship it and sell it to you for exactly what I paid plus the shipping costs, of course.

Here is the link for Oakville Nissan's parts specials. Search for " Murano Half Nose Mask" to get right to what we are talking about.

Here's a pic of it:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Jason,

If it's a polymer, count me in too!

The one in pic, I think, is vinyl. I've seen on EBay sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Yeah, I'm afraid that it is vinly. I'm not sure if it is the same one that Mgthe3 was looking for. Here's a description of it:

"Enhance the sporty appearance of your Murano and protect your hood from loose gravel, insects and road debris. The tough vinyl exterior is designed specifically to achieve a wrinkle-free fit and the soft felt polyester lining minimizes abrasion to the exterior finish."
 

·
Love to live w/ MO
Joined
·
419 Posts
hey guys,
i have it on my MO since last summer (lots of bugs here in prairies) and sure it has done its job. i will also recommend a lower grill which basically protects the radiator (i.e. from buge getting stuck into it)

pic of it here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
hey guys,
i have it on my MO since last summer (lots of bugs here in prairies) and sure it has done its job. i will also recommend a lower grill which basically protects the radiator (i.e. from buge getting stuck into it)

pic of it here
Hasaanbhutta
Nice shot, I have the black storm-rider grill on so that it blends in to the lower area color on my silver Mo. I also have the bug deflector more for rock chips that bugs, Calgary uses gravel to cover icey covered streets which can chip away the paint.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Jason

But.......I was thinking what I have been seeing was an actual acrylic deflector, not a vinyl nose guard, but it could work. The pics I have seen, especially on a black Mo, make it almost invisable except of course the upturned edge at the top.

Maybe it was just the pictures....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
HassaanB & Jason 1234

That one Bug Guard doesn't look vinyl and the lower grille guard is what? Where and how can we see them both, website?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
grfg8r said:
HassaanB & Jason 1234

That one Bug Guard doesn't look vinyl and the lower grille guard is what? Where and how can we see them both, website?
The lower level grill guard is design to close off the area in front of the Mo on the bumper. If you look into it's wide hole you can see the lower half of the rad. This will protect the rad area from Bugs and other road garbage. You can do a search for storm rider grill or look it up on www.storm-rider.com.

I have a black one for my Sheer silver Mo with a black lower bumper cover so that blends right in. In Calgary they spread small gravel to help with icey roads and it greatly rduced the amount I use to see caught up in the bumper and a reduction in bugs in my rad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
The Deflector on the hood, what type can you order one for us in the USA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I can order the one shown in the second post in this thread. It is the vinyl one.

The one that hasaanbhutta posted doesn't look to be the vinyl one that is available from Nissan Canada. Perhaps hasaanbhutta can confirm this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
jason1234 said:
I can order the one shown in the second post in this thread. It is the vinyl one.

The one that hasaanbhutta posted doesn't look to be the vinyl one that is available from Nissan Canada. Perhaps hasaanbhutta can confirm this?
Ziebart can also supply a acrylic deflector for less than Nissan can.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
Stoker said:


The lower level grill guard is design to close off the area in front of the Mo on the bumper. If you look into it's wide hole you can see the lower half of the rad. This will protect the rad area from Bugs and other road garbage. You can do a search for storm rider grill or look it up on www.storm-rider.com.

I have a black one for my Sheer silver Mo with a black lower bumper cover so that blends right in. In Calgary they spread small gravel to help with icey roads and it greatly rduced the amount I use to see caught up in the bumper and a reduction in bugs in my rad.
I believe Stoker meant CLOUD-rider, not storm-rider:
http://www.cloud-rider.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Thanx Corin! I went there and couldn't find any prices on the site, did you?
 

·
Love to live w/ MO
Joined
·
419 Posts
jason1234 said:
I can order the one shown in the second post in this thread. It is the vinyl one.

The one that hasaanbhutta posted doesn't look to be the vinyl one that is available from Nissan Canada. Perhaps hasaanbhutta can confirm this?
yes, it is from Nissan Canada. i got it from my local dealer here in Saskatoon. both of them.

anyone interested in quotes ?

i can call the dealer and ask about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Yes, I am interested !:2:
 

·
Love to live w/ MO
Joined
·
419 Posts
it is 89.99$ plus taxes.

the stainless steel grill insert (for radiator protection) is 109.99$ + tax


PS> its Canadian $$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I'm always shocked at the different dealership's prices ... my local Nissan dealer will sell the deflector for $98.95.

I called Oakville Nissan, and they are selling it for $89.95, plus a 15% discount for ordering over the internet. Oakville Nissan will charge $25 to ship the whole lot of them to me, which can be divided up by the number of people who are interested in buying it.

So, assuming we can get 5 people to order one, it'd cost $85.75 Cdn or about $71 US, plus the shipping from me to you.

I might be able to get a better deal once we know how many people are seriously interested in getting one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
grfg8r said:
Thanx Corin! I went there and couldn't find any prices on the site, did you?
From the main page, click on "Bumper Screens" then "Nissan" then "Murano-2004" then "With License Plate" (or 2003, or without license plate, whatever you need). Should list all their different types (colors, shapes of the holes, etc) and a price for each. They're in CA prices.

Here's a link, hopefully it will work:
http://www.cloud-rider.com/bumper_screens_show.php?vhcl_id=2210
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Has or Jason,
Do you want to put it over in Group Buys as Canadian Deflector NOT Avaliable in USA, but order from us. ?? For all I know the Cloud Rider Grilles may not be avliable for us (USA)either!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top