Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am happy to say I got my HotShot installed and working nicely! If you don't know what this is, it is basically a unit that heats the windshield wiper fluid to 150 degrees so it can melt any ice or frost from the windshield. These units are going to be standard equipment on GM vechiles in 2006.

The company that makes these neat little units is actually local for me here in MI and they let me buy one directly instead of going through a resealer, saved about $75. The unit is pretty straight forward installation, but you need to do some plumbing to get the unit installed cleaning.

Since it's freezing here in MI and we just got 4 inches of snow, this thing works like a charm. If anyone is interested you can find the unit and an installation instructions here:

http://www.buyhotshot.com/
http://www.webasto-hotshot.com/index_us.php

Happy T-day!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Boy am I glad i moved to Scottsdale!!

G.

·
4,601 Posts
Right now I wish I did too!

Last I looked, the Murano was telling me 12 degrees outside. (F)

That's an interesting idea, heating the washer fluid...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I wasn't sure if it would work, but surprisingly enough it does. The windshield actually steams a bit afterwards...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Looks like a great product. Too bad it cannot be wired directly into the wiper switch so the extra button won't be needed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Any concerns that the hot water on a frozen windshield could crack the glass ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, since tempered glass is able to resist temperature differences (200 ° F - 300 ° F) which would cause it to crack. There is no concern with the glass or the tubing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just installed Canadian Tire's version of this - MotoMaster HotWash. So far, it has worked well in this -30 degree weather we have been having. Installation was easy - just needed to cut the current washer fluid supply line, and run a line to the battery. The device senses when fluid is moving through the lines, then starts heating it. The instructions say that you should spray fluid for a second to get the unit to turn on. Give it 8 seconds to fully heat up, then you get 3 seconds of hot fluid (60 degrees C).

$60 Cdn

Go to www.canadiantire.ca and search for part number: 21-0020-2
You'll need to enter a Canadian postal code to view the product - enter your own, or here is a sample for those who don't have one: L2G 3G2

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
going to have to give this a try when some spare time is available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts