Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you're real big into Audio then thats a good thing. To me, I look at it and it costs damn near the same as the iPod. My $30 iTrip is working great for me.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
With the required cable it's $350 and they don't list compatability with the Murano and only for Nissan with out Sat Button. I am confused as that conflicts with other statements they make, but $350 WOW

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm waiting to find out if it will work for the Murano since they list that it works with the G35. I am buying it day of release for my MR2 and hopefully for my Murano pending compatibility.

It's much more than the Aux-In from PAC-Audio or that POS iPod2Car that Pac-Audio and Neo Car Audio sell.

The iPod2Car is a very poorly made unit. It's not compatible with the Murano, and the one I had for my MR2 (all three the company sent actually) overheated and melted pieces off the circuit board.

The iCruze is a quality product (I assume, it is Monster after all). It's not going to sacrafice any sound quality. It actually allows you to control your iPod from your car stereo and recharges the battery. The Pac-Audio Aux in does not do that. There is also an optional display to show you what you are listening to. Sure seems a lot better than the Aux in from Pac-Audio to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Monster car charger plugged in from the aux power outlet into the iPOD dock base to keep the charge on the iPOD. The line out from the dock connector output in the rear of the iPOD dock is connected to the PAC unit. Obviously, cant control the iPOD from the stereo (i.e. choose playlists) but the sound quality is, IMO, fantastic and much less expensive than the other options.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a pic of how I used the iPOD dock. The line out is connected to the PAC unit AUX in.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Won't the iCruze display song information on the display? I thought it was a lot more than just an AUX in connection. It would be nice if they made it scroll the song info on the screen kind of like iTunes does.

·
4,601 Posts
I was wondering that too.. I hope it listens to the steering wheel commands as well. Then the next step is making it work and be happy with sat radio for those that want both.

While I love the concept, I'm curious to see the implementation. If they do a good job, I think I've just found another reason to spend more money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts