Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting the Bridgestone Potenza RE92A. I never drive in snow.

Please comment on the dry/wet performance. How is the tread life?

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Kris should answer this one, that's what come on the FX35! :cool:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I can't comment on them for the Murano, but I do have them on my 8 and they are 18 inchers too so my input may be of some value.

The road noise on them is a bit more than that of the stock tires on the Murano. However the grip/traction of these tires is very good in all weather except snow (which you said you don't need to worry about). Even a dusting on the ground renders the vehicle useless. ALl in all, they are very good tires with a nice moderately aggressive tread pattern.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They come stock on the Z and most Z owners, including myself, absolutly loathe these tires. Grip is awful, especially in wet. Look up the reviews in tirerack.com.

Not recommended here...

·
Registered
763 Posts
NV so what do you plan on using in the Pitt, in the winter, without your MO? :confused:

Do you think the AWD of the MO would compensate enough in the winter?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I'm looking for a used Jeep Cherokee or a Ford Contour (ready for flaming). The contour was my first new car and I miss it dearly.

I think the AWD of the MO is good, but not that good. With 15,000 on the stock tires I was all over the place in the MO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is hard to find a replacement tires for MO. Goodyear LS is OK but cornering is not good. It screeches easily and makes me nervous.

There are not many selections and the best review in Tirerack is Michelin Cross-Terrain but I am not comfortable as it is very wide (275/55R18) and the speed rating is S only.

Has anyone used tires on a MO other than Goodyear and good Dry/Wet performance?

·
Registered
763 Posts
NV 1st off WOW, I was really impressed with the MO to an 8, but a Contour? :2: I'm sorry, but I do love your new ride!

On my 2nd comment, I meant if the MO had the Potenza's would it be enough to get around in the winter? Am I understanding you correctly that you had problems with your AWD MO & stock GY tires in the Pitt.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
dkfchan said:
It is hard to find a replacement tires for MO. Goodyear LS is OK but cornering is not good. It screeches easily and makes me nervous.
Make me nervous that you are corning that tight in a MO. I corner faily tight but never enough to push it to the point of losing traction.

Here let me tell you about the Nissan 350Z......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the Good year LS, I am not cornering very aggressively. Not high speed at all and the path I take is not abrupt. I believe the screeching is because of the tires as the car body feels stable and not rolling.

I still got about 5/32 tread.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tire pressures OK dfkchan? Those tires shouldn't be screeching under normal driving.

There seems to be widely divergent views on the Potenza's. Anyone else running these that wants to offer an opinion. I have a set of dedicated winter tires and would like to find a good summer performance tire.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
KSmurano said:
NV 1st off WOW, I was really impressed with the MO to an 8, but a Contour? :2: I'm sorry, but I do love your new ride!

On my 2nd comment, I meant if the MO had the Potenza's would it be enough to get around in the winter? Am I understanding you correctly that you had problems with your AWD MO & stock GY tires in the Pitt.
The 8 is sticking around, and the contour would be a daily driver. I'm particularly looking for a SVT Contour in Toreador Red (color of my old contour) or Silver.

Honestly, I had a difficult time getting around in the snow this winter with my stock tires which had a lot of tread left. The change in 1 year of having those tires definitely made me consider getting winter tires for any car I drive in the snow from now on. The MO became characteristically similar to my Mustang GT that I used to have. However, I am one of those people that goes out regardless of the weather...I just drive like an old woman then.

·
4,601 Posts
Trev said:
Tire pressures OK dfkchan? Those tires shouldn't be screeching under normal driving.

There seems to be widely divergent views on the Potenza's. Anyone else running these that wants to offer an opinion. I have a set of dedicated winter tires and would like to find a good summer performance tire.
Tire pressure will definately affect if the GY's screech or not and how much. Found that out first hand in the spring of '03.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Must be because I've never got my GY years to screetch and I monitor my tire pressure closely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts