Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks with 24,000 miles on the MO, I must say my biggest disappointment is the disappearing tread on the stock Goodyear Eagles. I have rotated and balanced on a number of occasions and even had an alignment done at the Dealer.
I'll be lucky to get 30K from these tires. How are yours holding up?
Anyone know if there is any tread life warranty on these? They are wearing pretty much evenly and that suggests they are in alignment.
Funny, my 2002 Altima has Bridgestone Turanza's as stock tires and at 40K on that car, they still look new!
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Bob1

·
Registered
842 Posts
bob1 said:
Folks with 24,000 miles on the MO, I must say my biggest disappointment is the disappearing tread on the stock Goodyear Eagles. I have rotated and balanced on a number of occasions and even had an alignment done at the Dealer.
I'll be lucky to get 30K from these tires. How are yours holding up?
Anyone know if there is any tread life warranty on these? They are wearing pretty much evenly and that suggests they are in alignment.
Funny, my 2002 Altima has Bridgestone Turanza's as stock tires and at 40K on that car, they still look new!
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Bob1
Bob
I have 70000 Kms on my OEM tires and goodyear figures I have 15-20000 Kms left on them. I am planning to get new tires next spring.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey stoker what are you planning on replacing them with. could be tougher driving this winter with them on still.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm down to maybe 25% treadlife after 27,000 miles. Will replace them with something other than Eagles before the winter sets in. Right now I'm between the Michelin Crossterrains in stock size and the Yoko HTS-G052 in 265/60/18. Yeah I know Kris did not like them, but there aren't many choices out there, and I'm definitely not going back to stock tires.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys. I went down to do some checking today at a local BIG-10 tires and inquired about the Turanza's like my Altima. NO-GO! They don't make them in that size. I went to Goodyear and said, "what is up with these tires." He said definitely an alignment problem as you should get 50K miles on these. Mine are shot at 24K.
He said he checked the inventory and the Eagles are the only replacement at Goodyear that would fit the MO. Yumpin Yiminee!
They go for about 150 bucks each. I asked what the tread warranty would be. They don't have a warranty on that tread as it is some performance rated tire! Oh the humanity!:eek: .
I went to the Dealer and said that I have been complaining about the wear on the tires from day number one and said I attribute this wear down to something messed up on the specs. They pulled the sheets from the last alignment and said it was out of spec but they corrected at 12K miles. "Well, look at the tire wear. We are down to the wear indicators." I said something is wrong and if I put more tires on, the same will happen. Tomorrow they will put her on the machine and check it out and then he said he can call Nissan on my behalf if there is something gone wrong. That was very fair if it works out. I'll let you know. Like you said Eric, very few choices here. BTW, any idea of the price range of those other replacements that you mentioned?
Bob1
PS, I also printed this thread and showed them some of the mileage you guys had reported.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bob1 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I went down to do some checking today at a local BIG-10 tires and inquired about the Turanza's like my Altima. NO-GO! They don't make them in that size. I went to Goodyear and said, "what is up with these tires." He said definitely an alignment problem as you should get 50K miles on these. Mine are shot at 24K.
He said he checked the inventory and the Eagles are the only replacement at Goodyear that would fit the MO. Yumpin Yiminee!
They go for about 150 bucks each. I asked what the tread warranty would be. They don't have a warranty on that tread as it is some performance rated tire! Oh the humanity!:eek: .
I went to the Dealer and said that I have been complaining about the wear on the tires from day number one and said I attribute this wear down to something messed up on the specs. They pulled the sheets from the last alignment and said it was out of spec but they corrected at 12K miles. "Well, look at the tire wear. We are down to the wear indicators." I said something is wrong and if I put more tires on, the same will happen. Tomorrow they will put her on the machine and check it out and then he said he can call Nissan on my behalf if there is something gone wrong. That was very fair if it works out. I'll let you know. Like you said Eric, very few choices here. BTW, any idea of the price range of those other replacements that you mentioned?
Bob1
PS, I also printed this thread and showed them some of the mileage you guys had reported.
You can give Tirerack a call to find out what a good price is for those tires. Tirerack carries everything (even if its not listed on their website).

·
5,244 Posts
Just checked with Infiniti for my FX - Bridgestone Potenza RE90. They last only 30K, I hope to get a few more k out of them. Price? US$1,260 fitted!:( Yes they are good tires but....

As I said before it is a pity we do not have choices. I will stick with GDY unless there is a proper replacement.

bob1,
good luck with the dealer. I just saw my uncle Murano with 27k miles on it - there is more than 60% threat left!

·
Registered
842 Posts
nissanlove said:
hey stoker what are you planning on replacing them with. could be tougher driving this winter with them on still.
Nissanlove
Not sure yet, as I am hoping to find more tire selection in this size. If I do not find what I maybe looking for, I will replace them with the OEM tires.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'm trying to persuade my dad to get some nice 20' rims next summer so that we can get some winter tires on the stock rims. i think that's the only way to go in alberta's climate. 2 sets of tires keeps you safe. if i was to go for an all season i'd probably go for the yoko's. kris' bad experience with them is one out of how many good ones.

bob1. as for your problem. we had an alignment problem with our '03 murano from the day of purchase. turns out that the alignment was out of wack and the sides of the tread was almost bald after 14000km. this was just after we had a tire rotation done. i don't know how htey didn't notice this when they did the rotation. anways, nissan accepted responsability and we recieved 4 new tires at there cost. and they finally fixed the alignment too.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yeah Bob, my tires look pretty shabby for less than 20k on them, but hey, I drive the crap out of Mo. Screeeeeech here and screeeech there--every day, yeah the tires are gonna show it.

I had one car that I was lucky to get 8 months out of a set--but I used to dirt track it around curves daily.....

:2:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Just replaced mine at 31k miles/31 months (with GY). One was more worn that the others, but they weren't anywhere near gone (5-7/32". But they were getting a little hard and dry, resulting in less traction and more noise.
I bought a brand new set of '05 takeoffs with wheels on ebay. Net on the tires was about $90 each, installed and balanced. Kept the '05 wheels.
Had to switch my TPMS sensors, no problem at all.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The wheels were just "newer" right?
They didn't change styles in 05 did they?

Homer

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Exactly the same style. Made in Thailand rather than Belgium though.
I did forget to mention that it looks like there are no replacement batteries in the TPMS. They are sealed units, easily removed without removing the tire from the rim.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eagle Update

Thanks again to all that have added to the thread. Your information as replacement options are valuable info for the entire org.
Here is low down. As I said in my post yesterday, I'd be going to the dealer today. Just my luck another car was on the rack and that really delayed me for a while. It took quite some time as the tech was on ther MO for a while. He said indeed things were out of spec and he did an alignment on all four wheels. He can't correct one of the specs because it appears the strut is bent or out of whack.
So, a new strut is on the way for an install next week. The service adviser will plead my case before the Nissan jury (his manager) stating my complaint that something was wrong from the get go. He said, we will see what his manager says Monday and request new tires for me with his managers approval. I think I'll give this guy a hug or something if he can accomplish that for me. I will be be wowed by the service department and print their name for all to see.
First I'll wait and let you all know what happens. I'm not celebrating just yet. Stay tuned.
Bob1
PS...Homer, I miss the old avatar, you know the one with your photo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You'd have to visit the landfill. I chunked them at 45k Miles. They still had some tread, but I replaced them with Michelin cross terrains. Nice ride. No comparison to the goodyears.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still waiting as the Nissan locals are having to wait for the regional or the nationals or someone........? Will update when they are done with the thumb wrestling match. My strut came in but I'm waiting to get it all done at once. Hopefully the tires get approved.
Bob1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Guys...I have 15K on my Eagles so far and I am hard pressed to really find any significant wear on mine as yet...I had to get them aligned and balanced the first week or so after driving off the lot but all's been weel since....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just replaced my MO's tires last week.

I got the Yokohoma Geolander HTS GO52 265/60/18's because I wanted a change.

I know I read Kris's review, but I wanted a bigger tire to fill up those huge wheel wells.

So far so good, my first impression is they do ride a bit rougher but they look 10 times better. To each his own, thats what makes America great.

I went 36k miles in 31 months with the GY's and the rears could have been rotated to the front & probably could have pulled me through a warm winter, but it was time for a change. :cool:

·
5,244 Posts
KSmurano said:
Just replaced my MO's tires last week.

I got the Yokohoma Geolander HTS GO52 265/60/18's because I wanted a change.

I know I read Kris's review, but I wanted a bigger tire to fill up those huge wheel wells.

So far so good, my first impression is they do ride a bit rougher but they look 10 times better. To each his own, thats what makes America great.
:cool:
Yep, it does! We are all "opinionated"! Aren’t we! :D

Good luck with the tires! Given my experience I will never go for a truck/SUV type of tire. Again, just my opinion.
;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts