Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what everyone got on their Gen 3 Murano, but my 2018 Platinum came with Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Tires. These appear to be a really pathetic tire, as can be seen reading reviews. Nobody has given them a good rating. I should probably trade them for something better. I have the 235/55 R20. I'm actually thinking of going to 255/50 R20.

Any suggestions, or reviews of the Duelers?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 2018 SV with premium package came with Michelin Lattude Tour 235/65/R18. So far (300 miles) I am happy with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My base 2017.5 S came with Michelins and at 22,000 miles they have been great and are wearing superb. I rotate every 7500 miles. Quiet and comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tires on our platinum (Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Tires) are not the greatest. They hydroplane easily and aren't the most inspiring when the weather gets bad.

Will definitely look into Michelin's or Nokians when these wear out...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have Continental. I feel they are pretty good. When I get rid of them I am thinking on a set of Michelin. Pushing 28000 mi.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I discussed in another thread how much I hate(d) the stock Continentals on my '15. I replaced them with Michelin Premier LTX and the difference in grip, smoothness, and handling is quite frankly astounding.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 2016 SL AWD came with stock Continentals (235/65-18). After driving our year old Mo for a few months, we installed Bridgestone Blizzak winter tread tires (stock size) in November. The Blizzaks grip like iron, stick like glue, but are fairly noisy and have uninspired road manners (wander). Continentals were benign, but also bland with
a fair amount of wander and less than awesome grip in the rain. If we used this car for anything other than pleasure use (fair weather driving) I would buy Michelins, too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bridgestone Duelers on 20", as well. Cant complain, but nothing to rave about either. Hitting patches of water causes the car to suddenly lose speed, and hydroplane a bit. But its only happened a couple of times. Did pretty well in the snow the last two times we got hit with a storm.

Performance aside, as far as comfort and ride quality, they seem to have no road feel, as everyone else has pointed out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have the Toyo A25's and the road feel and handling aren't bad, but wet traction is a little lacking. I have 27k miles on them and they seem to be getting louder as they wear.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't know where you live. The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Tires are ok if you only get sunshine and occasional rain. If you get any sort of snow they're bad and close to dangerous. We get 8 months of snow where I live. Just had 8 inches (17 cm) three days ago.
I bought Toyo Celcius all weather(a step above all season) and they have been great in all conditions including blizzard, heavy snow, ice and downpour rain.
Here you have to use dedicated tires: all season in summer, winter in winter or all weather for year round
Noticed you are thinking of a wider tire. They don't work as well on snow and ice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Started having problem with the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Tires that came with mine from about 27000 miles
I still lived with them until 50K.
Now have the Pirelli scorpions and about 30K on them , still great.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have less than 500 miles on the car and I'm already looking for replacements for the Bridgestone Duelers. I'm thinking we might have a class action suit against both Nissan and Bridgestone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure what everyone got on their Gen 3 Murano, but my 2018 Platinum came with Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Tires. These appear to be a really pathetic tire, as can be seen reading reviews. Nobody has given them a good rating. I should probably trade them for something better. I have the 235/55 R20. I'm actually thinking of going to 255/50 R20.

Any suggestions, or reviews of the Duelers?
Just got a call from my Dealer that iwth 46000km( about 28000)miles there are down to .3 and need replacing...This has to be a defect in the these oem Bridgestone tires....( 2017 Platinium)

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
Just got a call from my Dealer that iwth 46000km( about 28000)miles there are down to .3 and need replacing...This has to be a defect in the these oem Bridgestone tires....( 2017 Platinium)
Regrettably, that mileage is not unusual for inexpensive tires.

Reactions: Zooks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seems to be standard mileage for the Bridgestones. My friend replaced their OEM Bridgestones on their 2016 Platinum at 28,000 miles with another set of Bridgestones. Then they needed new tires again at 58,000 miles. The tire dealer commented they were not getting good life out of the Bridgestones and suggested they try something else. They went with the Continental CrossContact LX25.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to be standard mileage for the Bridgestones. My friend replaced their OEM Bridgestones on their 2016 Platinum at 28,000 miles with another set of Bridgestones. Then they needed new tires again at 58,000 miles. The tire dealer commented they were not getting good life out of the Bridgestones and suggested they try something else. They went with the Continental CrossContact LX25.
Thank You Appreciated...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts