Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's some interest in connecting a PC into the Murano, so it's controlled and perhaps even displayed on the Murano's integrated display.

Post your ideas here and maybe we'll even figure out some of it!

I'll start with GlennS looking at video connections to and from the Murano's colour display system on the Nav equipped models.

How hard would it be to use the Murano's video in a commercially available monitor (LCD of course!)

Well, first of all, we have to look at what's there...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's four sync outputs. RGB, Horizontal, Vertical and Luminance (YS). Then there's the R G B signals themselves. So depending on the monitor used, one or more of the sync signals are required in addition to the RGB signals, which carry the picture information.

Doing a quick search on the web I found this, for a VGA pinout:

VGA PINOUT
PIN Function
1 Red Video
2 Green Video
3 Blue Video
5 Ground
6 Red Return (ground)
7 Green Return (ground)
8 Blue Return (ground)
10 Sync Return (ground)
13 Horizontal Sync
14 Vertical Sync

It may be as simple as RGB to 123 and HP to 13 and VP to 14. If HP doesn't work well on pin 13, then the RGB sync may be the better choice.

The RGB signals are analog at 0.7V p-p into a 75 ohm load. The Murano's signal levels may work, but there's a possibility they may look a little too bright and the black areas may appear gray. If this happens, it can be corrected.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the controller is happy with us ignoring the other outputs, there's a good possibility of this working. IF the monitor will support the scan rate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wish I knew enough about electronics to understand what all of that means! Looks like I am going to be doing a crash course in electronics or paying a Car Stereo shop big bucks to figure this out!

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's not for the faint of heart.... I've been doing electronics since I was ten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts