Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone who has put twentz on their Murano how has it affected the ride and handling? Better to put them on a SL or SE (sport suspension)

·
Registered
33 Posts
20" wheels

I picked up 20" Enkei LM1/5s wheels with Nitto Nt-404 255/50/20 tires about a week ago. The ride quality was fairly stiff initially. I checked the tire pressure and they were all between 40 and 43 PSI. I dropped the tire pressure to 35 PSI and now the ride is fairly supple.

With the new wheels and tires, the steering feels slightly heavier.

·
5,268 Posts
pumice99

thanks for the feedback. It might happen that you are slowly getting used to stiffer ride. I am interested how stiff the ride is. What about noise, quality of ride. I am sure that cornering and steering response must have improved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With the new wheels and tires, the Murano eats up bumps in the pavement much better than before. There was much more "bounce" with bumps and uneven payment with the stock setup. I like the new overall ride quality and the Murano corners flatter than ever. I can't tell whether there is any additional tire noise.

I took some photos of the front tires and noticed they looked a little flat, so that might account for the increased steering weight. I'm gonna add a couple of PSI and see if the steering is any lighter and quicker. I'm not sure of the stock tire/wheel weight, but the Enkeis are pretty solid and are probably adding a couple of pounds.

Based on what I saw and read on this forum and the freshalloy site, the 255/50/20 was the best size in relation to the original tire/wheel diameter. The tires are as flush as you can get to the rim, without giving up too much wheel height and ride comfort.

Other than the Enkeis, the only other wheels I saw that would work well with the Murano is the RSC monoblock wheel from Kahn Wheels. Only problem is they cost about $700 a wheel and you have to get them shipped from Britain. I emailed the factory and they could not give me a definitive answer on whether they would fit the Murano.

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
Nice setup!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looks good. Do you have any far away side shots so we could see what the wheel well gap looks like?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts