Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although my wife really enjoy our new 2006 SL Murano, she feels uneasy with the headrest, both front passenger side and the back seat headrest.

Looking my manuel, I can the headrest adjust can be pulled up or down. What about foward and backwards. She can't rest her head comfortably on the headrest unless it can be pulled backwards.
Anyone know what I am talking about?
:confused:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I confirmed that this does work on my MO. This is from page 1-8 in the 2006 Owners Manual.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njjoe....

First of all thanks for the picture information. So to tilt the head restraint, I can push it in the directions required -IF SO EQUIPPED?

What do you mean "if so equipped!" I would think this would be a standard and basic thing to have. I guess my SL is not equpped to tilt the head restraint..... I guess.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

Are you sure your headrests do not pivot fore and aft? I know that mine do, and the rental MO I drove also had headrests that moved that way.

Next time you are at the dealership, check the model(s) on the showroom floor. If they move then ask the dealer why yours do not.

-njjoe

·
Registered
324 Posts
Like this

Here's how a adjust the center second row headrest....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... A picture tells a thousand words. And I am picture man.... I did adjust my front headrest.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
You do know that the head rests are not really there for you to rest your head on......:2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
You do know that the head rests are not really there for you to rest your head on......:2:
Yeah I'm with zeb - thats why they are called head restraints. The headrests are mainly antiwhiplash devices, and you prob shouldn't be resting your head on them while driving anyways.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a very good point. Head restraint are not use to rest your head on...

However, won't you get a soar neck or a stiff one without leaning your head on something? I didn't have any problem with the 2002 Honda EX I traded in for my beautiful black Murano SL.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Head restraints are not head rests.
BUT.

Every thing I have ever read states that for the head restraints to do the maximum good, the distance between the restraint and the back of the head should be at the absolute minimum possible.
Obviously, with some devices (and heads!) that would mean the head could rest against the restraint.

Homer

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love the tilting feature of the MO headrests. These headrests are the most comfortable out of any car I have ever driven :) They have so much padding its like a soft pillow.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Homer makes a good point. To add to that, the headrests should always be raised so that they are at the level of the back of your head. It kind of annoys me to see cars with the headrest fully down, and you just know that if that car was rear ended, the headrest would jam right into the back of the driver's neck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts