Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to remove the body side moldings that I put on from Dawn ent. and am looking for any suggestions on the best way to get them off. They seem like they are on there for good. Any help is appreciated. :1zhelp:

·
Registered
104 Posts
How about dental floss or fishing line?

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I Believe you will need heat gun and a lot of patience...

If i were you, spend the extra money and have it done by a profesional body shop. At $60/hr, it may take them an hour or max 2. $120 is still a much better deal than having paint peeling off your murano right ? :)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Don't know about molding and "paint" on a Murano but I once removed a full car decal (a few inches wide and all over the car" using hair dryer to warm it up and a plastic credit card to separate it. Looked perfect with no scraches or marks on the car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Don't know about molding and "paint" on a Murano but I once removed a full car decal (a few inches wide and all over the car" using hair dryer to warm it up and a plastic credit card to separate it. Looked perfect with no scraches or marks on the car.
So others dont put it on, only to remove it later, why do you want to remove it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a set on a couple of weeks ago but the back molding hit's the front door so Csheen is sopposed to send me a redesigned set to put on so I need to remove the one's I put on last week. I think I will try the hair dryer method before I take it somewhere and pay the $$. We will see!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, used a hair dryer and they came off very easy. The new one's I received actually seem like they are made out of a different material. Haven't actually put the new one's on yet but I'm sure they will look good.. :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Post some pics when you get the new set on. I'd love to see how they look. Lil' Bit

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure will. They are a little more pointed at the ends and are flat where they were hitting the door. I'm going to try and wax it this weekend then put them on. Anyone else with the new ones? Just wondering. :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I believe you should remove the wax before installing the door moldings so the tape adheres better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts