Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 MO SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone. I was hoping someone could point me as to the right way to remove this connector so I can remove and clean the maf. The car is a 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD. I feel stupid having to ask this, but if I don`t, something could get broken. It looks like a release that could be simple, but knowing Nissan, they have probable hidden some complex release system into the mix. As you can see in the pic this thing hasn`t been apart in quite a while, and could be difficult to remove from the maf. That is why I need to know the correct way to release, so that if I have to put some force to pry at least I will know I have it released all the way, and it just needs a little friendly persuasion. Thanks for any and all replies, they are appreciated.

Regards
Mtzlplex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hi to everyone. I was hoping someone could point me as to the right way to remove this connector so I can remove and clean the maf. The car is a 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD. I feel stupid having to ask this, but if I don`t, something could get broken. It looks like a release that could be simple, but knowing Nissan, they have probable hidden some complex release system into the mix. As you can see in the pic this thing hasn`t been apart in quite a while, and could be difficult to remove from the maf. That is why I need to know the correct way to release, so that if I have to put some force to pry at least I will know I have it released all the way, and it just needs a little friendly persuasion. Thanks for any and all replies, they are appreciated.

Regards
Mtzlplex
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Reactions: mtzlplex

·
Registered
2004 MO SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time I need coffee, it is much appreciated. That is what I had suspected. All the other cars that I have cleaned the maf sensors on had at least 2 release type mechanisms for that connection, thus my confusion. I really appreciate your taking the time to include the photo with instructions, takes away any mistakes I could have made from happening. Sometimes my 73 year old brain isn`t as quick to analyze situations as it used to be.

I hope the holidays are kind to you, and yours, take care.

Regards
mtzlplex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts