Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fingerprints all over my NAV screen, but am scared to try to clean it. Anybody know a safe way to clean it?

thanks
Fred

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use one of those micro-fiber cloths, seems to work quite well, and doesn't scratch the screen. Use the cloths to clean my glasses too, which are plastic lenses and have had no issues. I keep a couple of them in the console, they’re cheap and readily available.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yup, I use them dry. I also have similar for my windshield, reaching the whole thing and especially getting into the inside corners was difficult, so I bought a window wand with a triangular head on it, covered by the same type of micro-fiber cloth, works great!

·
Registered
78 Posts
As with any LCD or plasma display screen, do not use anything with alcohol or strong detergents. The chemicals in those can destroy any anti-glare or other type coatings on the glass. And do not use any abrasive cloth as that can scratch the coating and glass. It is best to use a dry micro fiber cloth and a small amount of distilled water only if a dry cloth will not clean the screen. There are some products in stores that sell televisions for cleaning the screens, but I have never tried or trusted any of those.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had a screen protector film on mine since new and use a lens cleaning cloth to wipe that down. Screen protector was for an ipad that I just cut down to size.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've had a screen protector film on mine since new and use a lens cleaning cloth to wipe that down. Screen protector was for an ipad that I just cut down to size.
I tried a screen protector and finally took it off, as it seemed to exacerbate glare, and reflections. Does yours have more of a matte finish?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts