Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I purchased my Mo in December after getting rid of a Toyota Matrix. The Mo is a remarkable vehicle, problems or no problems. I mean I'm smiling for the first time since my '95 camry 2 door coupe. Can't put a price tag on that!
Any way, I just bought a set of Nerf (side) Bars from a site on eBay and the instructions that came with them sucks. This was supposed to be a self installed, no drilling or modifications needed. Yet the instructions were very vague. I was like, what the #@*$ is this. I went to look under my MO (freezing my &[email protected]$% off :eek: ) and still couldn't figure it out. Called the company up and the guy that actually installs these bars is on vacation for 2 weeks! :3: Does anyone know how the hell to install these sons of B*&%[email protected]?? :confused:
Need some help........

04 Mo- SL AWD
Blk-Onyx/Charcoal leather
Premium/Touring Package :1:
$30500.00-Nemet Nissan-Queens, NY

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had this thread for 3 days and not one person came forward
to assist. Is this not a popular mod? I think it looks great to have
stainless steel .

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm interested.
But have decided to wait until others do it.

Reason?
Well the Murano absolutely does not NEED them.
Getting into the Murano is absurdly easy.

Do they look good?
Haven't seen enough to form an opinion.

Do they actually get in the way..........?
This is what I really wonder.........

How do you install them?
Haven't a clue:eek:

Homer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally!!! :

Well, there is a heart beat!!
Actually I was in the midddle of my 2nd post when i had to respond
to a call....( I'm at work) and I didn't finish. I finally installed them with a couple of setbacks. It took about 20-25 mins for each side installation. The reason was that the attachment brackets (when mounted on the car body) did not lined up with the bolt holes when trying to bolt on the side bars. About an inch too short, WTF. Can u believe this s#@%. I had to break out "Irene", (my Black and decker cordless drill!) :1:
Together, we drilled NEW alignment holes and it wasn't easy 'cause those heavy steel mounting brackets are 3/8" thick :11: no problem.
Anyway, they're on no thanks to the vague instructions and no help from the OEM. WOW! I think they look great and u know what, I do not and I repeat "do not" have to worry about some fool dinging my door in a mall parking lot :14:
Now that rocks !:18:

'04 SL AWD Mo - Black Onyx with Charcoal interior :1:
Wind deflector, mud guards, magna bra
and more goodies

·
Registered
7 Posts
PICS

Hey BooBaba,

Is there any way that you could post some pics. I'm very interested in getting the nerf bars myself but would like to see what they look like first.

Swill

·
Registered
97 Posts
Boobaba, hate to burst your bubble, but not all cars are created equal. I would still park the MO at the back away from any other cars at the mall.

Many rear doors on a four door car have a high protruding door to accommodate the wheel well arc, which will bypass your Nerf Bars. And people using these rear doors are usually kids that couldn't care less of the vehicle parked beside them.

Enjoy your dent free MO!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the Nerf bars

I got the Nerf bars as an impulse buy to the Murano. I thought they looked pretty cool in the picture at the dealer. I also had the dealer install the SOB's with the factory class2 hitch. The hitch is a must for those of us MTB people. Sorry I could not help, my old lady hates the bars, but I still think they are cool.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Definitely not needed to get in and out. We had a Trooper, on which running boards were a necessity for my wife. She doesn't need them at all on the MO.
But I guess they are great for NERFing!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jetnbye......damn!!

yeah, u did alright. consider my bubble popped.
actaully, I forgot about kids in the rear or high arcing rear doors. I guess I'll be installing those body-side molding, reeaalllll soon.:bonk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts