Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seems to me that it takes a long time for my rear window to defrost on my '03. It's like there's not a whole lot of heat being generated by the defroster wires and after 10 minutes or more the rear window's not that clear. In past cars I've owned the rear window was clear after only 2 or 3 minutes.

Is this just me or are others seeing the same slow defrost times?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I wouldn't say its faster or slower than other cars. I have an 03 but never noticed anything about it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mine only takes a few minutes, depending on ambient temperature and humidity. But its never been longer than 3 minutes or so(guesstimate).

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd say 3-5 minutes, unless the frost is really heavy. It seems by the time I scrape the windshield and side windows the back glass is ready to be swiped with the wiper. Check for scratches on the defroster gridlines. That could cause slower defrosting.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
On my 03, the defogging is almost immediate, although for defrosting, it takes a while. The performance hasn't been poor enough for me to really notice, so I guess its not too bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine seems to be doing OK so far. At -20ºc and it clears the window up in 3-4 minutes. My old Subaru WRX was horrible. The window would still be icy after 25 minutes.

Aaron

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Can you get me some Frost to test on? Haven't had any in the last 12 years. GRIP :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
I haven't turned my rear defroster on in 21 months of ownership. Now I'm wondering if I should be turning it on every now and then to keep it working, and if I do turn it on when it's not necessary, will this be harmful?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
No its not harmful at all to turn it on when its not needed. I guess it worth to do it just to keep the relay working and the wiring from corroding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts