Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The three things i can't stand the most on the murano are the following...

1. The chrome grille i find just repulsive, but the aftermarket ones dont seem to be much better. I guess its just the general shape that gets me all worked up.
2. The tire and wheel package. I think this thing has tires that are way too big. I think it would look a whole lot better with 18-19's and more car sized tires as opposed to the truck ones on it now. maybe even lowered an inch or two. That would be sweet.
3. The rear side window (quarter panel) is upside down. I think it would look alot better if the window was straight along the bottom and rounded coming down to a point kinda like the FX's. Is there some sort of brace or pillar there that they had to hide while blocking our view?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
1.) I too am not a big fan of the grille/front end shape and therefore got the OEM pushar to take away from the Startrek transporter look that the MO inherently has. Or you could do something like this

2.) I'm not sure if I am too clear on your issue here. The car has 18 inch tires on it already. so I assume you don't like how big the tires are? I think that if you look around, you will find out that 20 inch tires/rims give you the kind of look that you want. That is, the rims dont look to big, they fill up the wheel well, and the tires look just the right size.

3.) I kind of like the rear quarter panel styling and if you stand at the rear 3/4ths view of the car you will see that the windows sweep up in the rear and the spoiler above the rear window carries the lines very well.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
1. Personally, I like the shiny. smiley grill. Although all the little nooks are a pain to clean.

2. I really like the wheels! I have the 6 spoke SE. I think the giant tires were a major selling point for me.. Didja ever park next to an exploder and compare wheels?

3. I just took a peek at my MO glistening in the sun. I find very little styling features I dislike. Of course, having a black MO, the window really blends in nicely.

Are you sure you're driving a Nissan Murano?:)

Now, that said, one exterior feature I dislike is the "softness" of the finish. I swear everytime I walk by there's another scratch. Maybe it's because black is reaally unforgiving to blemishes. I'm hoping when I Zaino this bad boy it gives it a little better protection.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The grille has grown on me. I like in now. It really stands out from all the other "mainstram" SUV's. One of my favorite things is the way it is distingushable from other SUV's.

I liked the factory tired, but like the look of my 20"er much better. I think it makes it look poised for speed and traction!

I think the rear window gives it a non-stationwagon look. That is one of the thing I likes better than the FX. Also one of the many reasons I purchased it over the FX.

LOVE the CVT!

I guess we all have out like and dis-likes. The Murano suites my liking very well.. I have people ask me about my Murano all the time. They are usually very enthusiastic abotu it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Seaofdunes - Automotive styling/looks is a personal type of thing... there is no right or wrong...you either like the way a vehicle looks or you don't....personally, the overall looks of the MO got me interested, the performance/ride/handling got me more interested, and the value "sold" me....with the styling dislikes you have, I'm surprised you drive one (assuming you do)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I like the looks

Senza, I 'm with you I like the looks, that is what got me interested. After a test drive, I was sold. The only real Mod I would do is to the grille. Grille seems too "soft" to me.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: I like the looks

pcs15394 said:
Senza, I 'm with you I like the looks, that is what got me interested. After a test drive, I was sold. The only real Mod I would do is to the grille. Grille seems too "soft" to me.
Yeah, thats how I feel too, however, the only grille that really peaked my interest was the one linked in my first post.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love the car to death and take it out every chance i get... Its my moms commuter. The thing is an amazing toy on the unpaved or snowcovered roads of vermont. Must be the rally fan in me. Anyways, those three things still wouldn't stop me from getting one, just commenting on things i thought could be visually improved. As for the tires, i'm just not a truck person so it doesn't do anything for me (the hieght of the tires' sidewall). I still love the fact that its such a sleeper, i am just more of the sport wagon driver than the sport utility driver.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Snow Mo/seaofdunes

I liked that grille as well, I just saw your post asking for status. I'm interested too.

seaofdunes - You could go with 20's on it and get some low profile. It would rough up the ride a bit though.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was the problem. I just like the look pf low profile tires and 18-19" wheels. but that would probably mess the AWD up. plus it aint my car in the first place.

·
5,268 Posts
I wish the muffler was not visible when looking from a side..........it distorts the clean lines of the MO........

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think maybe make it just a little bit more edgy...maybe a little bit bigger fender flares to give it that squatted down look, and the back is just a little too much like a bubble..but I think the bigger fender flares would offset that also. it would be tought because I think a lot of mods to the exterior that I would like, would make it look lkike an FX. Maybe something inbetween the two...any photosop experts wanna try it? he he he..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the upswept rear pillar...it is what truly differentiates the Murano from every other SUV/wagon. I love the stance and big wheels, but am still a little iffy on the grill. The only thing I really don't care for is the exhaust hanging down the way it does. It looks like a complete afterthought, as though it were borrowed from another vehicle. And the dual outlets are awesome...they really tie the backend together.

650 miles and no issues yet. Kinda wished we'd opted for chrome wheels though.... doh!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the MO just the way it is!! Futuristic looks, good handeling etc.
The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the muffler, it sticks out too much.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Other people like it too

Apparently other people like the way it looks too. I was stopped by three people today while out driving around. One at a red light where a guy in an old Nova flagged me to put my window down, he then asked how much I paid for it, he could not believe the price was as low as it was. :10: Gotta love the Murano :10:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would have liked the ability to flip the front windshield wipers away from the glass, maybe not a styling issue but a nuisance nonetheless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts