Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many miles/kms the murano can be expected to last. I know this is completely subjective to how the driver treats the vehicle but just looking for some info.

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 SL with 72,000 kms on it and am buying it to last for at least 5+ years. i am just a bit nervous about making a purchase with his mileage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
krenkey said:
I bought my 05 a few months ago with 82000 km's on it with the extended warranty
Did you get a good deal, may I ask?

I really like it but within my budget and from a nissan dealer this seems to be the best deal I can find. I just want it to last a looooonnnnng time :)

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
johnny_turbo said:
I just want it to last a looooonnnnng time :)
"A long time" is a relative term.

A well-maintained, pre-owned 2005 MO with 82,000 kms can last 82,001 kms or it can last 282,000 kms. A lot has to do with driving habits, road conditions, environment, and, most importantly, Lady Luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Bought ours new in '03 when they launched and now have a clean 145,000 km on it.

Things I've done: A set of brake pads and rotors; 1 set of GY eagles and on my second; also on my first set of snows; just replaced my outer tie rod ends past week; second battery; just about to replace my front hub bearings; installed a rear Air Lift suspension; 1 set of serpentine belts; drained and filled CVT fluid a few weeks ago; drained and filled Transfercase and Rear Diff gear oil and upgraded my speakers and amp.

I expect to keep it running for as long as I can.:roadtrip:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
njjoe said:

"A long time" is a relative term.

A well-maintained, pre-owned 2005 MO with 82,000 kms can last 82,001 kms or it can last 282,000 kms.
Yet another excellent response from the East Coast!:claphead: :claphead: :claphead:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If you can, put an extended (Longest you can get) warranty that covers the Tranny, and drive to your hearts content.

Homer

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I own a 2005 SL... and plan on reaching at least 200,000 miles one day. I'm at about 47,000 miles right now... not bad for 3 1/2 years old ah. I promise to love it everyday, so it shows me the love back. :10:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I have an '03 that has just over 161,600 miles .. or 260,000 km and still running strong. No oil burn and CVT still smooth, I did have the transfer case replaced at 75,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
WrenchGremlin said:
Well I have an '03 that has just over 161,600 miles .. or 260,000 km and still running strong. No oil burn and CVT still smooth, I did have the transfer case replaced at 75,000 miles.
That's good to hear!

I also plan on keeping my 03 for quite some time. Maybe not my daily driver as I'm wheel shopping now, but at least in the garage for the kids to drive.

Wrench did you have an extended warranty? Did you ever use it?

I wonder who has the highest mileage Murano? I would think 161,000 would be in the top 10 for this group. My 2003 has 76,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
You cannot tell with a Murano.

Some still have their OEM batteries when most others have replaced them.

Some still have their OEM Alternators when most others have replaced them.

Some can get 161k miles out of their CVT when some others can't even get 20k.

But come to think of it, you cannot tell with any car.

So get an extended warranty to cover the main components, and then start enjoying your new ride. That is what I did!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
WrenchGremlin said:
Well I have an '03 that has just over 161,600 miles .. or 260,000 km and still running strong.
You just might be the high-mileage record holder amongst active members. :6:

Anyone claim more miles?

-njjoe

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mr3Putt,

I did have the 100,000 gold extended warranty, that's when I had the rocking chair fixed along with the transfer case (which updates the AWD lock electronics to cut off at 5 mph).

Changed the CVT fluid at 75,000 and 135,000

After warranty:

Changed my front struts at about 105,000 miles... they really needed it.

I changed my plugs myself at 117,000 miles... not recommended to go this long as 1 plug failed and took out one of my catalytic converters which I then had to replace too.

Replaced the rear hatch handle and latch due to rust.

Also had a short in the $150 knock sensor wiring harness, that was fun - dealer tried to sell me a new engine for $12,000. I fixed it myself.

Upgraded my undercarage plastic snow plow (a.k.a. tank protector), to the metal one.

Exhaust still is original, although heat shields are starting to rattle from the clamps rusting off.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
161,000 miles. Very impressive and thanks for posting your maintenance history.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 03 has 100000kms and was virtually problem free till now. Has had all the updates drivers seat, alternator etc and maintenance. I now have a whine coming from the CVT. Dealer says CVT will needs to be replaced. I like the MO and was hoping to drive for another 100000 kms but I don't think that will be the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had an 03 SE untill about 3 weeks ago. Had about 115,000kms on it and it was still driving strong. Bought it 2nd hand at around 70,000kms. Had all original parts and tires. Never changed CVT fluid and only did usual nissan mantenance. Had a problem with the muffler and was told by the dealer that it would cost over $1000 to replace. Was able to have have it welded together for $150.

I was about to change the tires but traded it in for an 09 LE Murano. Was very satisfied with the performance of the 03.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm at 165,000 on our 2wd '03. Replaced struts, and and a fuel pump last month. Now front engine mount needs to be replaced but that's been it. BUT, I'm insane on maintenance. Oil & wix filter get changed every 3,000, CVT fluid every 30,000, Coolant every 2 years, tire rotation every 6,000 miles. I'm looking to get 200,000 plus out of this car. We'll see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got 175,000 on my 2007 and she's still running like a champ. I've had a check engine light on for 6 years and they haven't been able to correctly diagnose it. Until she starts running bad, I'm running her.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We have a 2007 Black S FWD. My dad bought it brand new when it came out. 11 yrs later, the thing still starts STRONG. The only things that's been wrong with it has been the seat frame breaking (which is a common issue with MOs), and the battery replacements. Then around 90K, of course we got the CVT fluid drained, and then around that time it was a domino effect of issues. Engine mounts needed to be replaced, then the control arms were broken...happened all around the same time. I'm surprised he didn't give it up at that time but we got it replaced. Now, at 182,000 miles, it's still as strong as ever. I have a 2018 SV AWD, but it's nothing like the original. That thing is a piece of art.

·
Registered
847 Posts
2004 SE AWD w/ 251k miles and still rolling. CVT was replaced under warranty in 2011 with 96k miles on the car. Since the 96k, the new CVT has been running on the same fluid. Had a few common things replaced but it’s been a solid car otherwise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts