• 6 or more

Votes: 12 5.4%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaak said:
SUV's two. If you count how many vehicles you drove off road, like SUV's, I've done that with all of them. Including a rental car in SoCal. I remember going into the off-road section of Mulholland (sp?) Drive and a guy with a jacked up 4x4 with huge wheels saying "I wouldn't take that in there!". Had to go slowly in a couple of spots, but otherwise it was a breeze. The rental guys were scratching their heads about the mud on the car. :)
Let this be a good lesson to those who buy cars that were rentals before! :4:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the Murano an SUV?
Ofcourse it is, its the perfect SUV and that is why we all have one.

Sport = It sure is sporty, what an engine!
Utility = Just drove home from the cabin, 3 adults, one 7 foot Christmas tree pulling a boat.
Vehicle = yes it is that also

This is my second, 1st was an 88 Blazer, not much sport in her, but lots of utility.

·
4,664 Posts
88 Blazer... Cool, I had an 88 Jimmy. Other than the two transmissions and one engine (broken crankshaft) it was great...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I guess I need a new vote Murano was my First and Second :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
1956 Land Rover
1980 GMC Jimmy (beast)
1989 Bronco
1998 Explorer 2DR
2001 Explorer 2DR
I use to do a lot of off-roading so body on frame 4X4's with a transfer case and winch were a necessity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2 if not counting my awd cars

This would I guess officially be no.2 but I have owned a SVX awd and an Audi quattro. Quattro was definetly a lot better than the system used in the murano...

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
My last SUV was a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4.

Although it was loaded it was not a stranger to offroading. Within a month of buying it we were out in the New Jersey Pine Barrens and found ourselves crossing a large "puddle" and having the bow wave flowing onto the hood!! It turns out the puddle was about 2 1/2 feet deep. The Jeep handled it without any problems.

When dropped into low range the V8's torque felt like it could drive up a wall if the traction was available. The x-fer case and tranny were bullet proof.

·
Registered
492 Posts
'98 Honda CR-V
'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'06 Jeep Commander
'10 Nissan Murano

The Grand Cherokee is probably the best vehicle I have every owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'83 Dodge Ramcharger
'96 Jeep Cherokee
'10 Nissan Murano

The Jeep was my primary vehicle till the brake fluid started flowing over my driveway in August (I used the Harley when my wife wasn't using her car) but picked up the brand new Murano just 17 days ago.....and absolutely Love It.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
1987 Ford Bronco II
1997 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
2004 Ford Bronco XLT
2006 Nissan Murano S AWD
2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD

I tried to support our country and buy American for a long time...finally had to jump to foreign and I am sorry to say that I will never go back- except for an add'l car that would be the new Chevy Camaro....nice....or a very old one...even nicer !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 ... kept it for 10 Years put 156K miles on it..was so hard to give away :((
2007 Buick Enclave - was probably among first people (and probably youngest)to own the Enaclave before it became famous
2011 Murano... just traded it with the PF, hope to keep it for next 10 years.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Assuming there's been no changes to the true definition of SUV (hahaha) the Murano is our first.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi all this it my2nd Murano and my wife has a Santa FE

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Only one here - a 94 Isuzu Rodeo, bought in 96 and kept until 04 when I got my Murano. Muranos aren't SUV's. If I had wanted another one of those, I would have bought one. I prefer cars over trucks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Only one here - a 94 Isuzu Rodeo, bought in 96 and kept until 04 when I got my Murano. Muranos aren't SUV's. If I had wanted another one of those, I would have bought one. I prefer cars over trucks.
Right, it's technically an SUV but it's a crossover SUV. A true SUV, to me anyhow, is body on frame.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts