Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 12 5.4%
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
How many SUVs have I owned? Hmmm... counting my old Jeep Grand Cherokee and this MO, just one. :D

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Right, it's technically an SUV but it's a crossover SUV. A true SUV, to me anyhow, is body on frame.
I guess if one considers a CUV to be a type of SUV, technically you are correct. But if you consider a CUV (which a Murano is) to be a type of vehicle unto itself, then our Mos are NOT SUV's.

As I posted, if I wanted a truck type (body on frame) vehicle, I'd buy an SUV. But I prefer the utility (other than the off road capabilities, of course) combined with car like comfort of a CUV.

I've always maintained that many of the problems we see on this forum are self induced by people who treat their Mos as trucks rather than the cars they really are.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I guess if one considers a CUV to be a type of SUV, technically you are correct. But if you consider a CUV (which a Murano is) to be a type of vehicle unto itself, then our Mos are NOT SUV's.

As I posted, if I wanted a truck type (body on frame) vehicle, I'd buy an SUV. But I prefer the utility (other than the off road capabilities, of course) combined with car like comfort of a CUV.

I've always maintained that many of the problems we see on this forum are self induced by people who treat their Mos as trucks rather than the cars they really are.
There is no automotive catagory as CUV. That's simply a marketing term. It's all combined as SUV. I still agree though that there are differences. "CUVs" are an on-road, AWD vehicle, and the SUV is usually for off-road and is typically 4WD.....and large. I'd go one further and add body on frame to the SUV. Here's more info..

Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia that reflects current attitudes and culture about as much as it reflects fact, says, "The CUV nomenclature was created by automotive marketing departments to move away from the station wagon, which has declined in popularity, and the SUV, which has been stigmatized in American culture as environmentally unfriendly, oversized, and wasteful with fuel." That's helpful, but Wikipedia continues: "The word 'CUV' or 'Crossover' is not a ubiquitous term and is primarily used by people in the automotive industry."
What's the difference between a CUV and an SUV - Puget Sound Business Journal

So for the purpose of this thread/poll, an SUV is an SUV is an SUV. A hatchback/wagon sort of AWD/4WD, high riding vehicle. Again, that's why I said originally that it depends on what's considered an SUV.....ok, so I was bored...lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've always been a fan of SUV, even when the first Murano came out I wanted it but was still having fun and love my Coupes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Presently I've only had 2 SUVs but that will change in a few weeks when we get a 2016 MO.

1988 Jeep Cherrokee Limited
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser (still have and will keep)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ten so far -

1962 Willys Jeep Station Wagon
1976 Chevrolet Blazer
1988 Ford Bronco II
1988 Ford Bronco
1991 Jeep Cherokee
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2014 Nissan Murano

So, nine off-road capable and currently one that is not...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mazda5, Ford Edge and the Mo (yes, I know that most do not consider the Mazda5 an SUV, but ours was the GT 5 speed manual, so sporty as hell, and it had utility up the yingyang)

·
Registered
10 Posts
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE
1999 Olds Bravada
2005 Mercury Mariner
2006 Subaru Tribeca
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d - Current driver

Just added a 2015 Murano SL to the list, but TECHNICALLY, it's the wife's ride

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
2 Chevy Blazers, 1 Jeep Cherokee, 6 Ford Explorers and 2 Nissan Muranos. So, I've had 11.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts