Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Or you could have your wife come home and sheepishly tell you that she may have caused a problem to the Murano.

She buys gas, pays for gas, gets her touchless wash code, and drives into the high pressure touchless wash. After the first pass of the spray, she looks in the rear view mirror and notices that she left the gas cap off and the gas door open!

When the wash stops at the front corner to reload for the next pass, she jumps out and quickly puts the gas cap on and closes the fuel door and jumps back in before the machine makes another pass.

I immediately went out and dumped in a couple of bottles of "Heet" to hopefully absorb the "extra moisture" but am now wondering if I may have a problem.

Water must be lighter than gas, so as long as I use the "Heet" for a while, it ought to eventually absorb all the water?

Any comments, ideas, or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Water is actually heavier than gas and sinks to the bottom of the tank. I am not sure what Heet does but due to the restrictions of the tank inlet you may not have as big of a problem (as much water) as you think you may have. If Heet is supposed to mix with water and make it so that it would mix with gas and burn off, then fine. Otherwise, if you notice any problems, you may want to consider draining the tank, that is if it has a drain valve.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Any comments, ideas, or suggestions?"

Yes.

Have you been downtown at lunch hour?
Hint, hang around the large companies, the courthouse, etc.

A new Wife can be had at any time.

Homer

·
Registered
717 Posts
hfelknor said:
"Any comments, ideas, or suggestions?"

Yes.

Have you been downtown at lunch hour?
Hint, hang around the large companies, the courthouse, etc.

A new Wife can be had at any time.

Homer
I've warned her (in a nice way of course) that she could certainly be traded in for a pair of 25's, instead of one 50.:2:

Actually, I was kind of iimpressed that she told me. Had it been me, I doubt that I would have ever admitted to doing something as forgetful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts