Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to tow a trailer on vacation before Memorial day and decided to go to the local landfill scale to check the weight of the Murano prior to attaching the trailer. The weight in the manual and on my Maryland Title states 3700 lbs. The scale at the landfill weighed us in at 5100 lbs, now I had myself at 250 and a buddy at 185 in the car, so subtracting us leaves about 965 lbs unaccounted for. I do have the trailer hitch from Nissan that was added to the car but I cant imagine that weighs more than 150 or so. Anybody have an idea why my 2006 SE AWD weighs so much more than the door sticker and the stated weight? BTW I only had about 1/16 of a tank of gas left when I weighed in.

Inquiring minds want to know:)

Thanks

Rick

·
5,244 Posts
I would first check the calibration data on for the scale....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Run-

I am sure the scale is wrong. Remember, that scale does not need to be calibrated accurately to zero. Trucks are weighed as they go in and then weighed as they leave. The difference in the two weights is what is used to determine the dumping fee. If the scale consistently weighs 965 pounds heavy that is fine because it does not affect the delta. The landfill does not care how much the truck weighs, they only care how much lighter the truck is when it leaves.

Then again, maybe I am way off base. Maybe you and your buddy have gained half a ton eating Krispy Kreme donuts morning, noon, and night. :2:

-njjoe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts