Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last mont i purchased new shoes for my Mo. I bought the 20" Zinik Fablo rims, with kuhmo tires, 275/45/20. The tire reads that the max PSI could hit 50. I want to what what PSI should i put into these tires to maximize the gas mileage.

I have notice that they stick pretty good, but i can also feel the road more because there's more tire on the ground. The car also got heavier of course. I was also wondering if i need the dealer to see the car to check and adjust anything such as spedometer. If someone can save me a trip, I'd appreciate the help!

I love the look, i will post pictures soon.:2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tire pressure

Well i had to go in to the dealer for the second scheduled serivce, and according to them tire pressure can be kept at 40-to 45 on the new rims i got. if its helpful for anyone else, i hope my trip was worth it. pictures are posted of the rims on a thread call new kickers for my ride, hope ya like.:2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for posting this info. I'm considering upgrading to the same wheel and tire size that you have, and tire pressure was definitely one of my questions.

Do you feel that with the thinner tire / higher pressure, the ride quality has been diminished very much?

·
Registered
174 Posts
This calculator shows the speedometer difference vs. the stock tires @ 60 mph is negligible. (.5 mph)

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

As far as pressure, I would stay close to the recommended 33 psi. Keep an eye out for any unusual wear pattern than could be attributed to tire pressure such as accelerated center or edge wear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smoothness of ride

Well depending on your tire size, i felt the roade more. After all ther is more tire on the rode so your bound to get more feel. it defenitly got heavier. you notice a difference maybe for the first week or two but then you forget about it. i love them. i still average about 22-23 MPG on highway, dealer said i didnt have to adjust speedometer or anything. on city i average about 17. hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rubbing

There is no rubbing, and i have heard that these tires are ok. some sites say they last about 20-30k but, like all sites say, it deepends on the driver and how hard you work them. I cruise on city and get a lot of eyeballs especially from other Murano owners. the tire is about an inch and a half wider on each side of the mud flap when you look at it dead center. i willl post the tread of the tires this evening.

Edit by Eric L: I merged this post from a new thread that I think was accidentally created while replying to this thread. I hope I was correct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best Tire size for 20" wheels

To all who go for 20" Rims on their Murano. The best Wheel and Tire size combo to match the factory 18" wheels is tire size : 255/50/20

This tire size was found using a tire size calculator, It is a perfect match of the overall diameter and revs/per mile of the 18" that came with your Murano.

This way you don't worry about any electronics on the Murano that were set for the factory size to be off or not work proberly.

I have this set up on My 03' I had and now on the 05' I have.

·
5,244 Posts
What rims?

What tires?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts