Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum...so hi people.

Year 2003 almost ends and my bday is also coming up, i am in the market for a Murano. I love the look and test drove one last night, awesome!! Feels like I am driving my Audi A4 eventhough murano is an suv, truely marvelous car...

I am looking for 03 model, SL Awd, base (standard without all the fancy options, clothe seats). Dont want to spend too much for this nissan. I hope I can get a good deal, dealers are cleaning out their inventory as they need to make room for 04 models.

Anyway, what price range i should be looking at?
Ballpark numbersmaybe will be helpful...?

I searched online for the model i want:
Invoice price = $27,000 - 28,500
MSRP = $29,000 - 31,000

Dealer offered $28,500 (include handling fees), a $2000 marked down from tag price as it is 03 model.
Is it realistic for me to bargain to $27,500? (exclude tax, and registrations of course) Thanks ppl.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome SRM. You have found a wealth of knowledge on this board. To start off on your inquery though... you should not even think about spending anything over invoice. First thing to do is to go to Nissanusa.com and check out dealer inventory for the exact model and color you want. Once you find one at a dealer in your area, check it out... give it a test drive. Just know that these babies can be had for hundreds less than invoice...and that was 2 MONTHS AGO! Shoot lower than you are currently aiming...and good luck!

--Mojo

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I had found this site before I bought my 03 SL AWD. From reading Edmunds and other sites I learned that people were paying around invoice.
It was too easy to get my dealer to agree to invoice plus $0.00 (even though he tried to tack on $349.00 at signing)
Should have shot for below invoice:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts