Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a hitch for my Murano and have searched the excellent threads in the "Hitch Sticky."

Mainly for aesthetic reasons I have been thinking about having the OEM Nissan hitch installed at the dealer.

I want it mainly for bike rack purposes and therefore don't plan to have the wiring harness installed.

I was quoted a parts and labor price of $491 + tax (~ $45.)

Is this a fair price??

Thanks in advance for your opinions

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Way way too high. You can buy the hitch for about $125, and install it yourself in about an hour.

·
Registered
243 Posts
For OEM, it is an unbelievable and excellant deal, I have seen people paying close to $800. I could only get parts for arond this price. Of courset that includes wiring harness too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be perfectly clear - this price was quoted to include: 1) trailer hitch, 2) the armature assembly, and 3) the labor needed to install them.

All Nissan OEM parts.

I'm thinking it is a good price....just want to make sure.

Thanks for the feedback I've received so far!! :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a hidden hitch that I use for carrying my bike. It is literally 6 bolts, the holes are already drilled tapped and contain bolts. You have to remove a tow hook that is installed by the factory. Very easy, very cheap, like another poster said about $125 U.S. and self installed in less than an hour.

BTW. My Santa Cruz Super 8 looks pretty cool on the back of the Murano...yeah!
lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts