Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the collective wisdom of the crew. How much milage should the Mo have before towing a semi-light load? I want to go fishing tomorrow and I'm thinking of hauling the bass boat and trailer with the Mo. All told, the rig is about 1800 pounds (Mo's rated to 3500). There will be myself, a neighbor and his 10 year old in the Mo, as well as gear and then the boat. We'll be heading to a river put in that's about a 45 minute drive away with mixed highway, secondary roads (90% secondary). I've put 650 miles on the Mo so its not quite yet broken in. But the owner's manual says not to tow for the first 500 miles (I'm obviously past that). So do I wait for the full 1,000 mile break in or am I okay to tow now? What do others think?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
62 views and no replies? I guess this means folks don't know? Decided not to risk it for now and towed with the wife's minivan, but if anyone has a view on how much break in the Mo should have before towing, I'd appreciate it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I just don't know.

I think you did the right thing.

I would think that you would be good to go after the normal Break in period.

As to the breakin, look like you have most of it behind you and it's time to give it a bit more gas.............:D

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Hi Jim,

I think maybe it would be a matter of debate.....but what the heck, you went by the book, sounds good to me.
:)
Maybe the reason for no replies is because of the subjective nature of the question. Peeps here have towed some big things. Some a short distance, others a long haul. I don't think it would bother the Mo a bit to tow something that light with a gentle right foot.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. In hindsight, I guess safer is better than sorry. My wife got to enjoy the Mo over the weekend and I got to tow my fishing rig out to a couple of spots for some awesome fishing. I guess another tankful or two is not too much longer to wait for complete break-in!

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts