Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased a new 2005 murano and i am having issues addid gas.

Even with the tank empty the gas nozzle kicks out thinking it is full. I have tried diffrent gas stations and diffrent pumps.

It takes me a long time to foll the tank.

Has any one else had an issue like this?

I tried diffrent angles and even tried pulling out the nozzle a little bit.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Some pump nozzles have a very sensitive auto shut off and won't work on the MO no matter what you do. The only thing you can do is move to a different pump.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, I have had the same problem with several pumps tho not all or always. When it cuts off I just go slow.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Just do like I do. I pull up to the pump, roll down the window, hand my credit card to the attendant and ask him to fill it up. One minute and $40 later I am done. Of course, I live in New Jersey, where you are prohibited by law to pump your own gas.

Earlier today gas was $2.99/gallon at most stations.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
While vacationing in PA and NJ this past summer, I filled up in Paramus NJ.
How nice.
They did it all for me.
Just another little thing that made my trip enjoyable.

Homer

Oh! I forgot about the part where I was driving in Upstate NY and my SES light came on.
Well, we were near WaterTown so we looked around and finally located a Nissan dealer.
Nice guys.
We only had to wait a an hour maybe and they checked out the MO.
Guess what?
Some idiot had not tightened the gas cap!

Oh well. Our Friends understood the delay.
We certainly were not going to ignore the light.

I was raised in NJ and IMO the state IQ dropped by quite a few points when I left.
NJ's reasoning for making it the law that only an attendant can pump gas is bogus.

Homer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I try the second or slow notch too and it still kicks out.

I wish we had full service around here

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
big-d:
Try another pump or service station. I read an article recently on the design and operation of gas pump nozzles and learned that early-shutoff problems are usually due to a damaged nozzle. If the nozzle is repeatedly dropped the venturi tube opening at the end of the nozzle can become restricted. This will cause the nozzle to shut-down before the tank is full. Or move to New Jersey and let the attendant worry about. Just remind him to tighten the cap.

Homer:
It's just not the same around here without you.

It defies logic that we still are prohibited from pumping our own gas. But when it is cold, windy and raining I am glad the yo-yos in Trenton haven't changed the law.

-njjoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had this happen in my cruiser at work. I ran the tank pretty empty and then the next 2 or 3 fill-ups it was very hard to fill the tank without the nozzle shutting off several times. It finally just quit on it's own. So my suggestion is fill it up no matter how long it takes a couple of times and maybe it will go away. Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Oops. I gave out some wrong data in my earlier post today.

I stated I paid $2.99/gallon when in fact I paid $1.99/gallon. The price has been dropping about 2 cents a day for the lat week or so. I would like to see that trend continue for another week or two.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Was there a TSB about this?????
I think the problem is his Murano.
Mine has always worked just fine.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Hm........I have no idea what was causing your weird problems.....wery unusual....

anyway, just to stay away from your real problem and follow up on others comments (I know it is bs) I saw today: $2.19 reg, $2.39 premuim............things are sloooooooooowly getting back to normal..........I am happy..........

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Sometimes the pump stops early for me too, but I just pull out the nozzle and try it again, and it works fine. I find it happens more often in hot weather.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
CAN"T PUMP YOUR OWN !!!

What a bunch of C***. We are all getting to be a bunch of timid souls being lead around by: big business, big special interests and big government, HEY wait a minute, that all the same group, Big Crooks. Guess we better start voting more, at least getting as much a percentage the Iraqis last vote did. Maybe that will help or maybe we all just believe whats on CNN and it woun't.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I had a lumina van that did the exact same thing, it refused to pump even on the slowest setting at some stations. I took of the whole filler hose etc and took a gander inside the tank and still could not find the problem. It defintely was filling up the filler hose and causing a true shut off. Check for that, listen to it, you can hear the filler hose filling up. If that is the case, take a service rep with you to a station and have them try to fill it. Demand they fix it. I think it was a loose baffle in the tank in my Lumina, but it was well beyond warranty and I was use to taking 10 minutes to fill it.

Don, unlike almost all of our fellow forum members, most of our country is inhabited by sheep, yes, they do believe whatever they are told. They are too apathetic, lazy minded or stupid to make their own minds up. I was in an Active Directory course where all of us were admins of our own domains. We get to see incredible stupidity all the time. Our instructor kept referring to the helmet people (i.e. end users). Then someone asked what helmet people meant. He said that, "When we were young, there were no helmets for folks to ride bicycles, skate boards and everything else they wear them for now. Stupid folks got nailed. Now we now have folks who were raised using helmets for everything---the helmet people survived even their own stupidity".
*snicker*
We laughed of course because for anything to be humorus, there has to be some truth to it.
Yep, I'm here to say it, the masses are not the sharpest crayons in the box.

·
Registered
143 Posts
njjoe said:

Earlier today gas was $2.99/gallon at most stations.

-njjoe
Joe im from Toms River, and gas is no where near 2.99 a gallon anywhere by me.

Just this afternoon(11/13), WAWA Gas board read: $1.99 / $2.11 / $2.19...

Where are you paying $2.99 still??

EDIT Just saw your other post... dont mind me. :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem with my 04. I have no idea what it is but I solved my on problem by simply just putting the nozzle in and letting the tip wedge into the gas hole. Its hard to explain, but I'm sure you will find a suitable position for the gas nozzle and your MO.

Konrad

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
"I had a lumina van that did the exact same thing"

The lumina van had an excuse...-- GM

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Had I not been T-boned by a girl with exit fever in a parking lot, I would probably still have it. Drove it from Atl to Sarasota (500+ miles) on one tank, more than once. It would smoke--and I mean SMOKE--the tires at will. It was all fiberglass so no door dings, I could park it anywhere without fear of idiot door dingers. I talk to folks all the time who have them with over 200k on them with no mech problems at all. The 3.4 liter engine in it had a roller cam, hence the massive lowend torque. I had an aquaintence who had the same engine in a full size crew cab pickup, I was shocked the first time I rode in it because of the take off in that huge truck with a little V6. At that time I had a crewcab dually with a 7.4 liter engine.

It was a great van, just a pain in the a$$ to fuel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts