Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Murano SL. I just changed the oil for the 7500 mile service at 7900 mile but I can't use the joystick to change the next maintenance schedule at 11250 mile.

If I move the joystick to the left, the mileage turns 0, to the right, the milleage turns 7500 mile. Those are the only two choices I have, I can't get it to turn to 11250 mile or anything else except 0 and 7500 mile. Moving the joystick up and down and hit Enter does not do anything.

I was able to set the maintenance reminder at 3500 mile and 7500 mile before.

The car was in park and the key was turned on.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Maintenance reminder shows the interval at which you want to be alerted for an oil change or tire rotation.

Set the reminder to 3500 miles or whatever you'd like. Then press and Hold the Maintenance button until it resets the current mileage to zero. You'll get your reminder in 3500 miles.

Happy Driving!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I don't think Mo Dale was paying attention to your post... :)

On my 05 MO it goes in incriments of 250 miles, and I can set it to whatever I want. I'm not sure about the previous years. Perhaps try resetting it (like Mo Dale mentioned) and see if that gives you more options?

Also check the manual. I noticed it talks a little bit in there about setting maintenance reminders. Perhaps your version only allows certain intervals.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Corin said:
I don't think Mo Dale was paying attention to your post... :)
:eek: Ooops, Sorry! Must have been past my bedtime. I missed that he could only choose 0 or 7500. I just thought he was trying to set it to 11250, which it won't do.

See what you have to look forward to in 10 years, Corin! The mind begins to slip. :D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
In my 03, it functions as MO Dale reports. You can set it from 3500-7500, and its a service interval, not a total mileage count.

·
Registered
282 Posts
On second thought...

Maybe loving the MO so much causes a quasi blindness. You know, from staring at it for hours on end, not being able to sleep, can't think (or stop thinking about it).

Or, is it insanity? Do I hear voices?

Maybe it's the State of Missery (Missouri) that I live in!

OMG...I need help! Better head over to the addicts thread right away! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, thank-you everyone for the replies. I wish it could set to whatever the mileage I like to, just like Corin with the 05 model.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
KLB said:
Okay, thank-you everyone for the replies. I wish it could set to whatever the mileage I like to, just like Corin with the 05 model.
I just double-checked on this, and for both the tire rotation and the oil change settings, I can select mileage between 0-7500 in increments of 250. So, like Eric L stated, it's an interval, not true mileage. But I do have 30 different options for that interval! :)

·
4,664 Posts
Don't Read...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
the manual...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
'Cause it doesn't seem to explain what intervals you can adjust it to...

Hmmm....

Maybe it wants you to reset it first?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts