Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my oil for the 7500mi service (at 9300mi, but thats another hurricane story)

At the 3500mi change, I set the maint to 7500mi.

But now I can't remember or get the reminder to change. i can only get 7500 or 0mi.

What gives?

The manual says nothing, it shows a screen that is total different from my SL+Bose Mo.

Help

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just had to change mine...if I remember correctly, if you hit the maintenance button so that the reminder is on the screen, then wait a second you will see a (-/+) start to flash then you just use the joystick left or right to adjust it to what you want the next reminder to be. Not sure what year you have but I have 2004...not sure if it is the same for the 2003. Hope that helps :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I have a 2003 and I am pretty sure it is almost identical to Jaycen's:
Hit the trip button until you see the maintenance screen displaying Oil - Tire Rotation -Tire Pressure.
Hit down on the joystick to select the one you want, press enter.
On the next screen there is a number inbetween 2 arrows, I believe. Hit right or left on your joystick to change the number.
Also below that there is a reset button. Hit that if you want to reset the counter to 7500 again.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
One more thing to add - the vehicle needs to be stopped in order to adjust the settings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have a 2004.

The display works like Jaycen says, with the -/+ after a second.

But when the +/- appears, I and move the joystick to the left, and the mi goes to 0.

If I move it right, it will go to 7500 from zero, but not above 7500.

I can only make it 0 or 7500.

I don't have the options where it shows oil Tire rotation and pressure all on one screen. Mine shows only Oil on one screen. [Maint] takes it to the next screen, which is Tire rotation.

Seth

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Did you try pushing the joystick up and down instead of left and right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I tried. Up/Down does nothing.
Left/Right will change it, but only between 0 and 7500. (Not a range, but those specific numbers only)

My currenty theory, is that since I am soo far over the 7500 (9300 at the oil change, so I was 1800mi over), that Nissan 'wants' to do the reset.

Does this make sense?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
helloseth said:
Yes, I tried. Up/Down does nothing.
Left/Right will change it, but only between 0 and 7500. (Not a range, but those specific numbers only)

My currenty theory, is that since I am soo far over the 7500 (9300 at the oil change, so I was 1800mi over), that Nissan 'wants' to do the reset.

Does this make sense?
You may be onto something there - why not reset the number to zero and then you can specify whatever interval you want between 0 and 7500. The mileage number is not meant to be cumulative, but rather, intervals between oil changes. Don't worry, it will remind you when you hit that mileage. For example, lets say you are at 9300 and want to change the oil 5000 miles from now - setting the number to 5000 will get you a reminder at 14300 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried changing the oil setting to 0 before I left for work today.

The reminder went away.

At lunch I tried to change it again, and it would only go up to 7500.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Seth:(

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
So with the meter at 0 (you reset it from 9000+) it still will not let you adjust the reminder?

Note that I am referring to two numbers here:

1) The actual interval you set
2) The actual miles you have driven

My post above involved setting #2 to 0, and that should let you set #1 to whatever number you want. You can reset #2 to zero by holding in the maintenance button while on the oil change screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric,

Thanks. I got it working now.

The problem was with the user.

I thought that the reminder was set to the mileage you wanted the reminder at.

So if the car has 9000 miles on it when I change the oil, and I want a reminder for 3000 miles later, I would set the reminder at 12000 miles.

I didn't realize that you can/need to reset the maint mileage. That makes it just work like yet another odometer.

And the deal was that you cannot have a maint reminder interval greater than 7500 miles.

Thanks all your your help.

Seth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts