Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 with black cloth interior, and the window ledge on the driver's side where I rest my hand is matted, hard and glossy, no doubt from the oils in my skin.

I've avoided cleaning it because I was afraid I'd make it worse or tear/rip the delicate material, but it really looks ugly compared to the rest of the interior.

Any ideas on the best method to cure this? It's about a 3" x 4" patch.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an '03 with black cloth interior, and the window ledge on the driver's side where I rest my hand is matted, hard and glossy, no doubt from the oils in my skin.

I've avoided cleaning it because I was afraid I'd make it worse or tear/rip the delicate material, but it really looks ugly compared to the rest of the interior.

Any ideas on the best method to cure this? It's about a 3" x 4" patch.

Thanks.

I'd try resolve carpet cleaner. (spray or foam) Do it in an inconspicuous place first though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd try resolve carpet cleaner. (spray or foam) Do it in an inconspicuous place first though.
I was hoping to find someone who's already done it, so I can find out if they used a brush, a cloth, etc. The whole process...

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Years ago, I ended up using Meguier's upholstery cleaner and the results were fantastic. I appled it to the matted area of the door panel, let it sit for a few minutes, then used a soft-bristled scrub brush and carefully and lightly stroked in one direction (left to right), then went across (up, down), and repeated the patterns a few more times. I then took a micro-fiber cloth and blotted the area dry with gentle, twisting motions. Later, when completely dry, the door panel fabric looked new and fluffy again. I'm actually going to be doing it again soon, so I'll provide some before/after shots. Apparently, the door fabric isn't as fragile as I thought it was. As long as you avoid applying too much pressure and use a softer brush, everything should go smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts