Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i just bought a couple of rolls of carpet and was very frustrated with unability to fold the front passenger seat neither all the way forward nor all the way backward. which means there is no way to safely take those the 12 feet long rolls home from the store in my MO.

does anybody know any workarounds? maybe remove the front seat somehow?

i really like the way it's done in Ford Freestyle.

please HEEELLLLLP! :mad:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I think you're SOL on this one. The seat doesn't fold all the way forward. You could remove the seat but this isn't too pratical a solution either.

How often do you haul things that are 12 feet long anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
You can get a P-up from Lowes or Home Depot for 20 bucks a day.
At least here ya can.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'd say if you do a lot of hauling of large items your best be would be to take the front passenger seat out and just use a 5 gallon plastic bucket anytime you're going to have someone ride with you.

·
5,268 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Get one of these...

Now I know whay you need a back up camera..:D

kidding only.....

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Actually this thing blocks the camera view as the camera is mounted down below right next to the trailer power plug. The cargo carrier has proven itself very usefull though. Its last use was to carry the christmas tree! No scratches to the top or inside of the MO. By putting a small platform on it and rasing its hight to the level of the rear cargo space I effectively extend the lenght of the cargo space by nearly 3 ft (about how much you would probably get if you could fold the front seat down.) The only draw back is that you need tow package to use it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, here's what i did today.

i pulled out the headrest on the passenger side seat. then i moved the passenger seat all the way forward and unfolded the back of the seat all the way back so that i was almost flat.
then i folded the rear right seat. if the front seat could move just a couple of inches farther forward everything would be almost perfect.. well.. anyways i managed to safely haul the 2 rolls of carpet (distance was about 10 miles).

:rolleyes:

what really sucks is the fact that there is nothing like a hook or handle on the rear hatch to tie it down to the frame. i had to leave it open because the carpet rolls were sticking out (about 2 feet). so i just used some duct tape...

that's my story :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tried the ring in the hatch latch. Works great. Idea from thread
" rear hatch tiedown" not " tie down ".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Taking out the front seat (provided it isn't powered) is pretty simple. I haven't looked at how the MO is, but on all the cars I've worked on its like 8 bolts, no biggie.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jpalm said:
Taking out the front seat (provided it isn't powered) is pretty simple. I haven't looked at how the MO is, but on all the cars I've worked on its like 8 bolts, no biggie.
I think the seats have airbags in them (all of them or just leather, I am not sure) so you may run into issues pluging and unpluging the wires going to the seat. :2:

·
5,100 Posts
All of them. The "Side Air bags" (inflator, manifold and inflatable and located on the outboard edge. The line between the sewing is a breakaway membrane that directs the bags deployment. It's wiring is a good deal "more safe" that the Steering wheel Air Bag, not having a "Spiral Wire" ignition signal pathway. And the reduced complication of the variable fill bag used in the steering wheel. It being able to fill to either 45 or 60 liters and requiring two Initiators.

There is also the Pyrotechnic Pretensioners that "pull in the seat belt" to eliminate slack and position the occupant for more effective utilization of the Air Bag. This has electrical connection also, These connectors employ a shorting mechanism that activates when the connector is "taken apart". Getting the Belt out of the way is another problem in itself.

The side curtain Air bag System is not involved. By the way the Murano has an outstanding Supplemental Restraint System considering it's price it is extraordinarily equipped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts