Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got my Murano SL AWD in December 2003. Treat ourselves with a KEWL Xmas gift !
I opted not to go with the NAV system at that time as they did not have in Pewter colour. Apart from using IPaqs or Magellans, what are my options NOW to get NAVIGATION setup...I have not checked with the Dealers if they do after purchase setups or not ?
Thanx

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I believe your only option for in-dash is at time of purchase. You would have gotten an upgraded screen, and needed VDC which integrates with the GPS.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
From what I have read on here, it would be unwise to try and get the OEM nav system reinstalled. The total cost of the parts is around $10,000. However, if you really want to be agressive and go at it, visit www.mp3car.com and listen to what those guys are doing. I think your best bet is something aftermarket and handheld.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Try Vcommand ! No screen to worry about. Grip :D

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Grip, you seem to be pretty passionate about VCommand seeing your post here and in other threads. I did a little checking and found an interesting thread on gpspassion:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9537

I was sitting here scoffing at the thought of not having a screen particularly when yesterday, I had to turn right at a 5-way intersection. I had the Giants/Cowboys on, so when the GPS told me to turn right, I had to quickly flip back to the nav screen to see precisely "which right" she wanted me to take. I'm not sure how VCommand would have handled that complex situation. At least I was able to find another passionate user for you (unless that IS you!! :) ) So far, looks like the biggest downsides are the price (currently on sale for $1,200 in places) and the fact that its a mail-in replacement for map data upgrades. Otherwise, users really praise its performance.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
No it's not me. MattsMurano showed me his and i got mine from Autoecteria.com I had never seen the site you refered to but i just went there, interesting. My brother in law just got the fanciest Garmin and I thought it was tought to use. This one is different takes a very little to get it set up. What I like is not having to check any screens.

This one sounds a little "Bing" before the turn, then tell you the name of the street yopu are turning onto, etc. Very intutive and easy to set up, I used the hidden GPS antenna that Mattsmurano showed.

What I am working on now is to auto mute the radio when the Vcomm is listening to my input, so it doesen't think I want something when it's the radion. Never had that problem but they warn of it. i just hit mute now, but I like gagets and thought auto mute would be neat. It also plays blackjack with you if you want while on a trip. Plus has over 1,000,000 pre set points resturants, ATM's, etc.

Grip :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts