Nissan Murano Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Just replaced PS also

The write up was a great resource when I changed my hose last week. I did go with a cheaper Advance Auto kit. The kit included everything needed, and just like they said, the cheaper part is whining even at idle and especially when hard turning. The kit for the FWD still doesn't seem to fit where the two screws in the back of the engine are, no matter how I twisted. Only one mount for me. Thanks for all the previously shared wisdom. Another project down.

I replaced the high pressure hose on my 2005 SE today. You post and pictures were my inspiration that I could get-er-dun. Thank you for sharing. I'm watching some drips that are now under the drivers side area, hoping it's just residual from earlier leaks and todays fix it mess.

Thought I would post this here as well as the other PS hose thread.

Add me to the list of owners with the leaking PS hose. 106000 mi on my 2007 M0. Went to O'Reilly's and bought the replacement hoses (comes in two pieces that you put together) along with an o-ring for the pressure switch. Removed the old hose, which did take a little work turning it the right way to get it to come out the right wheel well. After that I just mirrored the old hose configuration, swapped over the brackets & pressure switch and installed the hose. I did need more than one 16 oz bottle of PSF though (probably about 18-20 oz). Bled the system and it is working like a charm with no leaks!!

good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano th

good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano they do not know where to put their hands, I used it in March and after about a month ago noise almost at the end of the race almost with all the steering shot made a noise as if it vibrasse and touch something !! you know what in fact can be, a mechanic made me change the hydraulic pump but it makes the noise more than before the pump it used to be mounted by the mechanic but makes the noise of the previous one, what can this noise do almost end running almost with Steering wheel steering at both right and left side, and this noise feels particularly stuck in the car parks I maneuver. tell me what can it be ?? and spare parts where I could find them buy it ??

good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano th

good afternoon I dress in italy, Frosinone and here when they see my nissan murano they do not know where to put their hands, I used it in March and after about a month ago noise almost at the end of the race almost with all the steering shot made a noise as if it vibrasse and touch something !! you know what in fact can be, a mechanic made me change the hydraulic pump but it makes the noise more than before the pump it used to be mounted by the mechanic but makes the noise of the previous one, what can this noise do almost end running almost with Steering wheel steering at both right and left side, and this noise feels particularly stuck in the car parks I maneuver. tell me what can it be ?? and spare parts where I could find them buy it ??
Mostra meno
RISPONDI

New member here but this thread helped out a lot and I thought I would give some love for the OP and all others who have contributed. I had a leak for the past few weeks on my '06 SE with 70k miles and after reading through this thread I figured it was something I could do myself instead of paying the dealer $550. I ordered the entire hose assembly from Rockauto (ACDelco part#36352216) for about $57 along with 2 bottles of power steering fluid and a new pressure sensor o-ring from the dealer and I had everything I needed for around $80. I also bought 2 drive belts from Rockauto for about $28 which I figured I would replace since I had the tire off anyway and mine were cracked and on their last legs. Everything went smoothly although I did find it a little tricky pulling the old hose out and maneuvering the new one back in. BTW, I did find the leak on the soft hose right above the pressure sensor. I am second-guessing myself a little with how tight I may have tightened the line nut onto the rack. Looking back through the thread, it looks like the torque spec is somewhere around 11-14 ft.lbs. and I am sure I tightened it down pretty good. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause any issues but it's really hard to get a wrench on this nut anyway so I doubt I could have torqued it too much. So far so good. Thanks again for all of your help.

I did the replacement over the Xmas break. Thanks to OP's write-up and photos, I got enough confidence that I decided to do it myself. The parts are quite inexpensive, about $38 with shipping from Rack Auto (EDELMANN #80648 ). As some have mentioned, the challenge is the very little space to work your wrench with, especially for home mechanic with only jack and jack stand. To me, the most difficult part was to fit the banjo bolt in, with only one hand. I also did it on a cold day with garage temperature around 36 degrees. The flex hose would have been softer and more maneuverable if you do it on a warmer day. The pressure sensor in my case was surprisingly easy to unscrew with two adjustable wrenches even though I had my impact wrench and vise ready. It was certainly a worthwhile experience but I am not sure if I would do it again if I can pay someone a couple of hours of labor for it. Thanks again to OP and all others who contributed to the DIY project.

I did the PS pressure hose in November of '18. Mine was not leaking all that bad, but I bought a Nissan original hose from the eBay dealer in AZ, great price and service. Not cheap like $40, but for new OEM, I felt okay.

I also had issues getting the banjo bolt into the pump as the hose would not cooperate and bend far enough to get the lug into the slot on the pump. Finally with a bit of cussing etc, I got it in and started the bolt okay.

The only other issue I had was the upper bolt bracket. When I removed the plenum to do the coils and tune up, I reached it all from the driver's side and had a LONG reach, but got the bolt out and back in.

NOW with the new hose, even though all the brackets on the OEM came tight and adjusted as the original, the upper bracket did not want to stay in line well enough to allow me two fingers on the bolt to thread it in. I finally decided that if the bolt were in fact a stud, how much easier this would be... :)

So I went to my nut/bolt metric draws and found a same thread bolt about half an inch longer than the original bolt. I cut the head off and used a bit of blue Loctite on the end and was able to thread it into the plenum with two fingers about half an inch or so. Now all I had to do was move the bracket so the stud went into the hole. After the bracket was hanging on the new stud, it was very easy to thread a nut and washer onto the stud and tighten it all down.

So if anyone ever takes off the plenum to do a tune up, it might be a good idea to make a stud and put it in while it's all apart. It will just make the old hose bracket go on better and you won't drop the bolt several times in the process.

Just thought I would share this and thanks for a great thread.

Also about some posted pictures, a lot of people use Photo Bucket to post pictures. About a year ago Photo Bucket stopped letting their pictures be used as a host for other sites. I believe now that you can pay for the option and the photo will show up again, but this time with a PB watermark present on the picture. Not saying that was the issue here for a while, but it is happening on lots of site with Photo Bucket as the primary host.

I consulted my local dealership and they wanted waaaaaaaay too much for the hose, fluids, copper washers, and o-ring. Around $275 if I went local. I went on Ebay and another dealership in California was filezilla uc browser rufus selling the exact same Nissan OEM part numbers for a lot cheaper! They also included 2 bottles of their P/S fluid which you'll need due to what you'll loose during the rework.

Thanks for sharing. I replaced this same hose on my 2006 Murano about 2 years ago. It failed at the bracket. Our local dealer has had a ton of the 2004-2007 models in or this same fix at about $375-$400 a pop. I fixed mine with one parts for about $100. If you have tiny ass hands you can skip removing the wiper cowl assembly. I had to but was very close to not needing too. I have big hands and wrists. Great pictures here. Would have helped!

Just did this repair today on my 07. Got the 2 piece high pressure hose off Rock Auto. I have to say, it was easier taking off than putting back on. Mine is AWD, so the hard line had several more bends. All in all, a very doable job for the average mechanic.

I have a 2007 nissan murano and am having trouble finding a line that fits. All the replacement lines have regular tubing fittings on the end but mine has a banjo bolt on the hose side and a banjo bolt on the tubing going into the rack. Does anyone know where to get the right one?

I have a 2007 nissan murano and am having trouble finding a line that fits. All the replacement lines have regular tubing fittings on the end but mine has a banjo bolt on the hose side and a banjo bolt on the tubing going into the rack. Does anyone know where to get the right one?
Did you try ordering from Nissan? Courtesy Parts Online has parts diagrams online and gives you a price break.

IIRC there was no 2008 Murano. But if it was built in 2007 I'd expect it to be a series 1, not a series 2. Might be worth confirming which series equipment it has.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.