Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i hope there is a way to do this..

I'm from South Africa and for some reason Nissan decided to not include the NAV portion.

There is no card reader fitted for the maps but the GPS works.

Can anyone assist with how to get the NAV to work in this situation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Gus

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I am a bit confused. You have GPS and it works, but you don't have Navigation? What does that mean? You can see the map and your location on the map but you can't tell it where to take you?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
So these cars have "Navigation Ready GPS"? Makes sense now.
z-

I am confused. :confused:

So if I get in Gusmoney's MO the NAV screen shows me where I am but cant be programmed to get me across the street? Is that what NAV Ready GPS gives me?

-njjoe

·
Registered
726 Posts
My next concern is if Nissan even has an official South Africa map set. That would seem to be the only reason that makes sense why it would ship with no maps installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback.
Now that I read my post I see that I was vague.
If I go to the Satellite section on the dashboard screen I am able to see my current elevation and GPS co-ordinates.
According to all the info I have seen and read, there should be a card reader in the cubby hole to insert the map sim card. This is not installed. When I go to the GPS section it says no maps available. Nissan South Africa say it can’t be installed but I know this is just another Nissan SA ploy to not stock certain spares.
I am under the impression I have a 2011 model but my unit can’t play music via Bluetooth either. I have the model that has the audio and video jack plug in the back seat console.
Sorry for any misinterpretation in my initial posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts