Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Did anybody try to install OEM NAV system after you bought your Mo? I bought Mo with out it, and I am not feeling like removing, adding or cutting my dashboard to install the aftermarket NAV. I just want the original one. Of course it’s involved replacing the screen. Is it possible? Do you have an idea how much it might cost? Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I don't think anyone has attempted it. I have a Magellan Roadmate 700, works great, and I can take it with me to another vehicle!

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not want to remove it every time I go home.....

My Mo spends a lot of time parked on the streets. I do not want to take it in and out all the time. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
This suject has been talked about extensively. I believe the cost of all parts required to install the OEM navigation is about $7,000. Not worth it if you ask me.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Sounds like someone who might be interested in my all talk screenless VCOM NAV system.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you still have it?

I thought you already sold it to your neighbor??

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YAY that hurts......

WHAT! $7000 ??!?? :eek: What that money I can have 2 aftermarket NAV for front and back seats.:confused:

·
4,994 Posts
Not yet, he (poor guy) went to OHIO to vist family for Christmas.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: YAY that hurts......

Murano_driver said:
WHAT! $7000 ??!?? :eek: What that money I can have 2 aftermarket NAV for front and back seats.:confused:
Not sure if that was Canadian dollar or US dollar, but either way it is too much.
If you park mostly in the streets, GripperDon's all talk nav system seems to be ideal for your situation as there is nothing that can be seen or stolen. Get it before the neighbor comes back!!!

·
4,994 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him again, Can you imagine going from Arizona where the sun was bright today and I went for a shot jog in my shorts and he was probably needing a dog sled to get from the airport. It should be a tale of woe to hear.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I sure feel bad about them. I also got away with wearing T shirt while washing my MO. Nice 68 degree.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check junk yards for totaled Muranos. You never know, you might get lucky and get a system out a junked one for much less.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Dave N said:
Check junk yards for totaled Muranos. You never know, you might get lucky and get a system out a junked one for much less.

Dave
True, but I have yet to see a junkyard that is parting out its MO with Navigation. They tend to sell those cars in whole as rebuilders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts