Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mo owners,
Question for you, looking for a spots to jack front two wheels and back two wheels at the same time.
Where will be the safe place to put 3T jack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, there is one garage jack point in the front, and one in the rear. I've done it multiple times (using jack stands once lifted) on my 2003.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can find additional details in the FSM GI section here: nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2015%20Murano/

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes, there is one garage jack point in the front, and one in the rear. I've done it multiple times (using jack stands once lifted) on my 2003.
Interesting that the service manual seems to show the rear jack point for AWD as the rear differential rather than the crossmember of the rear subframe, which is just behind it and illustrated for the FWD version.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting that the service manual seems to show the rear jack point for AWD as the rear differential rather than the crossmember of the rear subframe, which is just behind it and illustrated for the FWD version.
I found this interesting too. Anyway, why not to create a special, dedicated spot for garage jack?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Mo owners,
Question for you, looking for a spots to jack front two wheels and back two wheels at the same time.
Where will be the safe place to put 3T jack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can from the running board a little way off center to the front as the front is heavier or from the chassis

·
Registered
402 Posts
That is interesting... The FSM for my 2003 only shows the rear crossmember for a jack point, it doesn't differentiate between FWD and AWD...

The 3rd gen rear crossmember still looks like better jack point, it has a small bump for the jack's cup to center on. The differential appears to be aluminum, and its surface is flat with cooling fins. Maybe there's some technical reason for AWD 3rd gens using the differential instead of the crossmember?

The front jack point on my 2003 was also easier to spot, it had a more pronounced bump to center the jack on.

Also, I found the 18 3/4" lifting height of my Harbor Freight jack to be slightly short of what I needed when jacking all four wheels off the ground. Or maybe it was my technique? I jacked the front wheels off the ground and placed jack stands with HF protective pads in between the notches of the pinch weld. But when I jacked up the rear, the front tires would slightly touch the ground. I then needed to place the jack on a flat board in the front to get the front wheels off the ground after raising the rear...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts