Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 SV. No power liftgate. Type B fob with 4 buttons (none with trunk logo). Inside dash left of steering wheel has no trunk button. No trunk button in glove box. How do i open the trunk without using the trunk release button on the trunk handle?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. If you don’t have a lift gate button on your fob then no. Only option is press the button on the lift gate and lift open. It’s manual.
Ridiculous. This is the first vehicle I've come across which you can't pop the trunk from inside the vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 SV. No power liftgate. Type B fob with 4 buttons (none with trunk logo). Inside dash left of steering wheel has no trunk button. No trunk button in glove box. How do i open the trunk without using the trunk release button on the trunk handle?
I have a 2006 with a manual lift gate. I replaced the lock assembly, switch assembly and that did not fix the problem. Finally replaced the passenger's door lock actuator and my mechanic had to reprogram it and now it works. Nissan quoted me $1500. My mechanic fixed it for $825.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
I suggest checking the factory service manual (nicoclub.com) to see if there's an emergency release that can be accessed on the rear hatch. They are sometimes only known to service personnel. Google turns up some potential help.

I found this for the 2015 Murano: Liftgate (Back Door)

And there's this note: How to Manually Unlock a Nissan Murano Liftgate

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Folks. This new normal of curbside pickup is not compatible with this vehicle. Have to get out the damn car and open the trunk for the person to load my car. Dumb!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Folks. This new normal of curbside pickup is not compatible with this vehicle. Have to get out the damn car and open the trunk for the person to load my car. Dumb!
You can use the button the unlocks your doors to unlock the hatch, then someone just needs to use the handle to open it to load you car.

From the '15 owner's manual:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem I blame Nissan. There is no trunk open on the key or in the car every time I open the truck I have to get out and press that button and pull on it it was only a 2018 and nothing should be wrong on it. My 2014 Nissan Altima house or on the button and the Dodge. I can’t believe they’re making the Marano this cheap!I have the same problem I blame Nissan. There is no trunk open on the key or in the car every time I open the truck I have to get out and press that button and pull on it it was only a 2018 and nothing should be wrong on it. My 2014 Nissan Altima house or on the button and the Dodge. I can’t believe they’re making the Murano this cheap

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can use the button the unlocks your doors to unlock the hatch, then someone just needs to use the handle to open it to load you car.

From the '15 owner's manual:

View attachment 51533
The Marano appears to be made cheaper than a much less expensive Altima! How can this be. The Ultima has the truck left on the button on the dash and the Marano has neither!!How can this be. The Ultima has the truck left on the button and the dash and the MUrano has neither

·
Registered
763 Posts
I understand your frustration; it's like in the old days when you had to use the key to unlock the trunk! Anyone should be able to open the trunk if they know where to press on the rubber pad but not everyone is familiar with the Murano... My wife has the same complaint with her Juke; many vehicles have the same setup, hatchbacks, wagons and SUV. She had sedans before so a pull of the lever would pop the trunk partially or fully open. I have the power hatch so I don't have this annoying problem but the vehicle has to be in park for safety reasons.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand your frustration; it's like in the old days when you had to use the key to unlock the trunk! Anyone should be able to open the trunk if they know where to press on the rubber pad but not everyone is familiar with the Murano... My wife has the same complaint with her Juke; many vehicles have the same setup, hatchbacks, wagons and SUV. She had sedans before so a pull of the lever would pop the trunk partially or fully open. I have the power hatch so I don't have this annoying problem but the vehicle has to be in park for safety reasons.
in the old days there were trunk releases in most cars. My '68 and '73 camaro had it. yes you can press the button on the trunk to open it but nobody knows where that is when they're trying to load groceries in the vehicle. Nissan FAIL

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah, when I posted above I had my '03 in mind, it had a normal hand latch that was easy to find to open it.

I overlooked that the silly hidden hatch opener button needs to be pressed on 3rd gens... I have tried to use that hatch opener button recently (I usually use the foot sensor or fob button) and it's not intuitive to use at all. It takes me a couple of fumbled attempts to locate it... And, to make things worse, there's a lock button right next to it...

·
Registered
87 Posts
There seems to be a lot of complaining about the Murano. The thing is these things are common with most other vehicles. For most SUV's and crossovers (not cars!!) the only time you can open the rear hatch from the inside is if you spent the extra money and got an electric power liftgate. If you only bought the cheaper mechanical liftgate, you have to go to the back and open it by hand after you unlock it. Cheee my wife's Honda CRV works the same way. Most every SUV and crosover's are the same. Man it's not that difficult.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
There seems to be a lot of complaining about the Murano. The thing is these things are common with most other vehicles. For most SUV's and crossovers (not cars!!) the only time you can open the rear hatch from the inside is if you spent the extra money and got an electric power liftgate. If you only bought the cheaper mechanical liftgate, you have to go to the back and open it by hand after you unlock it. Cheee my wife's Honda CRV works the same way. Most every SUV and crosover's are the same. Man it's not that difficult.
Gotta say I agree. My 3-series BMW has a manually operated tailgate, though it does have a handle release on the tailgate. A 3-series may be at the bottom of the BMW pecking order, but no one would argue that BMW isn't a "luxury" brand.

And I can't speak for others, but I'm the one opening my tailgate. If someone else needs to open it, I can easily tell them how.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don’t think it’s odd at all for a manual lift gate to require you to have to actually use your hand at the lift gate to unlatch/open it. Like others have mentioned, that’s a norm for a lot of base model SUV’s and crossovers. The only thing that struck me as odd is the lack of uniformity with package offerings for Nissan. Of course, for me it was my first move to the Murano so I am partially to blame for assuming that the SV with Premium package would have most of the same features as the SV with Premium package upgrade done with the Rogue (I say partially because my dealer also reinforced that idea without seeming to know that the Rogue was definitely more equipped with features with the same named trim and package add on). Honestly though....this is a 3rd world problem type of complaint because it’s a convenience complaint, not a gross negligence thing. Cars that have a button inside often do so because otherwise the trunk wouldn’t be unlocked. With the MO the trunk is unlocked whenever you unlock your doors so the only thing you have to do is manually push the release button and pull it open. Definitely not difficult to tell the curbside person that they need to push the button to open it if you absolutely don’t want to get out of the car and do it for them. Pretty sure it wouldn’t be the first vehicle they had to do the same for.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm not asking for the liftgate to be opened and lifted. I'm asking for the equivalent of pressing the release button on the liftgate either from the remote or from inside the vehicle. FAIL

·
Registered
121 Posts
i'm not asking for the liftgate to be opened and lifted. I'm asking for the equivalent of pressing the release button on the liftgate either from the remote or from inside the vehicle. FAIL
Well...the option exists IF and only if you buy the trim that has it. Would only be a ”fail” if the option wasn’t available at all on any trim. Frustrating but not a fail. There may be an aftermarket option if it’s something you really want...not idea I’m sure but it’s definitely worth checking into if the feature can be done at a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts