Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah, when I posted above I had my '03 in mind, it had a normal hand latch that was easy to find to open it.

I overlooked that the silly hidden hatch opener button needs to be pressed on 3rd gens... I have tried to use that hatch opener button recently (I usually use the foot sensor or fob button) and it's not intuitive to use at all. It takes me a couple of fumbled attempts to locate it... And, to make things worse, there's a lock button right next to it...
The button is not centered; it's actually a small rubber pad measuring about 3/4" X 11/2" covering a switch. It's centered below the A of the NISSAN logo; logically it should be below the SS. I got used to it but non Murano owners could have a hard time finding it; I'm thinking of employees at say Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. where you would get curbside pickup especially during the pandemic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@joesatch. Take a look at mmleopard's reply to your post. There's information about installing a lift gate. :) I understand your frustration. There's not an inside release unless you add it on at the factory (I assume) or select a higher "package". This is my first SUV, I have a 2015 Murano SL w/tech which has a power lift gate. Nicest car I've ever owned. My last 2 vehicles were mini-vans. The first one, was a Toyota Sienna 2001 XLE which was the top of the line, but it didn't have leather, a sunroof, or power lift gate. i think the power gates were just coming out around that time. There wasn't a place to "pop" the back hatch either. My second Sienna was a 2008 LE, it did not have a power lift gate either. I think with Toyota, like Nissan, you either have to order them specifically from the factory equipped or go with the higher package to get the lift gate. The cars, of course, have the standard option to pop the trunk. Best of luck to you. I think the Murano has much to offer. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the safety systems are top notch to me, and the V-6 can move! Those are the main reasons why i bought the Murano along with the back up camera/around view/moving object detection, blind spot warning, accident avoidance-specifically front collision avoidance. The front collision saved my tail one time in big city traffic-put the breaks on for me! I was concerned about going from a mini-van to SUV, but the Murano made it easy and I don't feel like i drive a "mom vehicle" anymore. :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts