Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think something fell into a crack by the two small doors in the center console (the cell phone holder and what i use for a change holder). well i think some change may have fallen into it bc now the door will not open all the way, maybe only a little past halfway. does anyone know how to remove the cover of the console or the doors for those two compartments?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks zebelkhan...so this is all in the manual? i just noticed it this mornign and didnt have time to check it before i went into work, so this was the next ebst bet! sometimes an even better bet

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
It is in the service manual. To make it fit, I cut the unrealted portions. If you don't have the manual, I recommend downloading it from Nissan web site for $20. It is a combination of 43 (I think) files and takes some time as you have to down load them individually but it is well worth it. Oh.. you need broadband to do it. There are some threads on this forum about this which will help you do it. Just do a search.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Same thing happened to me, a dime got in there. I just used some force to pop the cover off prying it at an angle. Was a little scared it might brake but with some trying i finally got it to pop out and was able to get out the dime and the cover just pops back on. Now I dont fill up the compartment with as much change as I used to. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaycen i think i got the same problem as you...too much change i think and one of them slipped dow....so u popped the cover of jsut the compartment off? not the whole center section right? what did u use to pop it off? a screw driver or were u able to just pull it off?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just popped the lid off with my hands...took some force. Pry it at angle till you get one of the little nubs out of the hole. I also applied some force outward to the side of the compartment to try and make it easier for the lid to pop off. Also tried to slide the felt insert up as I was doing it to try and let the dime slide down farther. At one point after getting it part way out I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it but then kept trying and then it just popped out. I would suggest removing the lid of the compartment that is not stuck, just so you can see how the other one is supposed to come out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey well saturday i trieed to free up the lid and after fidgeting with it for a while (without taking it apart) i got the lid to open far enough open that i could take out the felt inserts. thats all i needed to take out and the coin was under that. but bc the lid slides under the insert it was holding it up. so before anyone else who has this problem goes and takes the whole console out (like i was thining) try taking out just the felt inserts!!! simple solution!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts