Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy K&N Air Filter on ebay and will try to do it by myself. Is there such a tutorial "how to" replace Air Filter on MO? Or should I just bring it to some mech store ? Dealer might charge too much imho.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hi masboy---
do a search on filter replacement to find tips on how to best do it yourself.
I found it a bit of a PITA because of a wiring harness that was already banjo tight that was attached to the cover. I merely cut the tiewrap holding that harness in place (to the firewall)--it was quite redundent.
After that you need merely unclip the clips and lift the right side (facing it from the front) and move the cover to the left a little to get it off the tabs.
Please do a search up there on the top of this thread on Filter replacement---many fine folks have posted pics.

One of the coolest things about this forum is the search-ability of threads for subjects which (the second coolest thing) our folks have taken pictures of procedures and things to watch out for.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its pretty much the same as in other cars. There are 3 or 4 clips you push off and then you can open the air box just enough to exchange the panel filters. Getting the clips back on though, might require some muscle but eventually you'll get em back on tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
masboy said:
I'm planning to buy K&N Air Filter on ebay and will try to do it by myself. Is there such a tutorial "how to" replace Air Filter on MO? Or should I just bring it to some mech store ? Dealer might charge too much imho.

Thanks in advance...
You might want to read this service bulletin about the airflow meter. It suggests you use the Nissan air filter if you need to have warranty work done.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-080.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks HuskyFan. Do you know where I can get Nissan air filter ? eBay ? I prefer not get it from dealer, they might charge too much I believe. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
masboy said:
thanks HuskyFan. Do you know where I can get Nissan air filter ? eBay ? I prefer not get it from dealer, they might charge too much I believe. Thanks!
The part, even at list, is pretty cheap at the dealer. Alternatively you can purchase it online at a dealer like Courtesy Nissan (www.courtesyparts.com).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts