Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy the two addtional trip odometer/computers on my nav equipped SE. It's nice being able to see average speeds, elapsed times, etc.

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to stop them! It's great to know that a trip was 133 miles and took 1.5 hours, but you better have a pen and paper to write it down, because as soon as you start the car up again - they keep going.

Is there any way to stop them? If that's not possible, could I at least reset them so that they show ***s like they did off the lot, and quit counting? I think that would be better than having random, meaningless trip counters counting up days and days of driving.

Checked the manual - no clue. Anyone?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think you can stop them. At least I don't know how.

You can reset them by holding down the trip button for several seconds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, resetting them works, but then they just start counting again.

When I drove the car off the lot, they were both showing the ***, and they didn't start counting until I reset them the first time. So it seems they *can* be stopped, but you may have to disconnect the battery or something to do it. I'm hoping someone knows and that it's easier than that.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Don't know how to stop them either. I like using #2 (non NAV system) to keep track of time since last oil change. I've been using hours of engine in use rather than mileage. So far I've been chaning the oil at about 100 Hrs... seems about right with highway driving that is just under 3000 miles for me.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
There are also two trip meters on your odometer, "A" and "B." Both can be reset by pushing the button and holding it. In combination with the two trip meters on the "Trip" button, it should be enough to keep track of everything.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I know I love having 4 independant trips... I've been using all four for something. :4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts