Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TPMS light flashing when I turn on the car for about a minute, and then stay on. Can I reset it? and how? or do I have to bring the car to the dealer? Thanks. Oh the car is MO 10, LE. PSI 36. My battery was dead, after a jump start, that's when the above problem happened.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
To reset, you must "exceed" 33/34 psi on all tires (so try 36-38 psi when tires are cold and with an accurate tire gauge) for the light to go out . It can take a quite a few miles driving stop and go for the TPMS warning light to turn off automatically.. Adjust your psi only in the morning when it is cool/cold and with an accurate tire pressure gauge!

Once the light is out, reset to 33+ (34-35 for LE) when tires are COLD. The cold part is critical so do your tire psi adjustment(s) only in the morning before driving. Remember, if ONE of the tires psi dips down to 31/32 you will see the TPMS warning light turn on. AVOID adjusting tire pressures when tires are warm.

Remember, ascertain your pressure gauge is accurate!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My battery was dead, after a jump start, that's when the above problem happened.
Recommend you have your battery "load tested". Simple procedure and may save you from being stranded. Load testing will determine if that battery is iffy (bad cell) or not. If it load tests ok, I would put it on a charger to bring it up to snuff. Remember, your Murano has an alternator and not a generator so for it to replenish a severely depleted battery could take some doing / lots of time. You may find yourself with a no start situation again because of battery depletion until you break the cycle by load testing and recharging the battery..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I wasn't clear, but my situation is the TPMS was flashing repeatly for about a minute then stay on steady after. so it is not the regular TPMS light go on that could be cleared by inflate the tires

·
Registered
78 Posts
most likely sensors(s) are not communicating with TPMS receiver, check if you getting any readings from sensors on display. If you see (*) it means no data transfer. probably you need to do sensor ID relearn, since your car is relatively new for sensor battery being dead

·
Registered
63 Posts
most likely sensors(s) are not communicating with TPMS receiver, check if you getting any readings from sensors on display. If you see (*) it means no data transfer. probably you need to do sensor ID relearn, since your car is relatively new for sensor battery being dead
This procedure only works on '03-'07 models. '09-'12 does not show each tire like on the previous generation.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Were it me, I would do as I mentioned in my earlier post. Hopefully the TPMS will reset and you can avoid the cost of having the dealership address the issue. Very well could be the TPMS is just fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same problem. 2007 Nissan Murano S. Three of my tires were reading and one was not because it did not have a sensor valve had all new tires put on and a new installment of the TPMS sensor valve. Upon research and confirmation from a professional, I was told to force it into relearn mode by putting a piece of metal inside of this wire and touching it six times on a ground in the car (dont know the techniques official title) the light was blinking I drove it around like they said finally the lights stayed on solid however my display continues to show ** for all four tires and my TPMS light is still on solid I have added are taken away are redid the relearn technique added air etc. Still no change. On top of that for some reason two different places have tried to do a TPMS with an OBll tool and for some reason it's not reading the sensor now I guess I should add that I had to have to TPMS sensors installed because one of them had a damaged valve core and with the OBDll tool they couldn't get either one of them to read in order for them to sync them with the car or whatever that process is, it wasn't working. So I don't really know why that wouldn't work however it would make sense for those two not to report back to my Vehicles information but I'm even more at a loss as to why the original to that are still not damaged aren't giving a reading or why doing the relearn process isn't providing any different results

1 - 9 of 9 Posts