Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 Murano with the standard control panel display. The unit I test drove had a display with an amber background and black letters. The unit I picked up yesterday has a panel with a dark or black background and amber letters. I perfer the amber background and thought this would have been a optional setting, but I can't find one. Does any one know if there is a way to switch the backgtound from black to amber?

·
Registered
545 Posts
The only thing I'm aware of is the day and night modes with varying levels of light/dark associated with both settings.

Sounds like your display may be in night mode?
The control panel has a day/night switch and varying degrees of brightness controlled by the joystick.

I don't think there is a color option with the display panel, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
No color option unless you have NAV. Like elliotgb stated sounds like it is in night mode or just dimmed. Try pressing the day/night button or increasing the brightness.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The amber letters on the black screen is what the display is, so you are in the correct mode. Varying the brightness might get you to an amber background. Don't know, never tried it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
PLEASE post a picture of that reversed Instrument cluster Please.

That I might like to buy, if it's possible. :D

I did find that we have little rubber booties on thodr tiney t11/2 bulbs that illuminat the shift selector positions and that yo can buy different colored ones.

·
4,601 Posts
Being an LCD, if they assembled the polarised panel 90 degrees wrong (actually made it wrong) it would do that. That display is most likely a mistake.

·
Registered
629 Posts
jaak said:
Being an LCD, if they assembled the polarised panel 90 degrees wrong (actually made it wrong) it would do that. That display is most likely a mistake.
Yeah but some of the greatest things of our time have come about by accident! :) LOL

·
Registered
629 Posts
GripperDon said:
I did find that we have little rubber booties on thodr tiney t11/2 bulbs that illuminat the shift selector positions and that yo can buy different colored ones.
Is it hard to access those bulbs, I haven't tried. I might like to put some brighter ones in there or maybe put different colors for each shift position. :)

·
4,994 Posts
I got em out pretty easily. Just pull off the panel and away you go.

JAAK I have been so overwhelmed transferring files into the XBOX, Ididn't read the post well enough to realize he was talking about The LCD. I thought it was the speedo gages cluster etc. I can reverse the LCD with a selection on the 05 Maintenance panel, I did it on purpose for the NAV maps reads easier. Another 05 change.

·
Registered
629 Posts
GripperDon said:
I got em out pretty easily. Just pull off the panel and away you go.

JAAK I have been so overwhelmed transferring files into the XBOX, Ididn't read the post well enough to realize he was talking about The LCD. I thought it was the speedo gages cluster etc. I can reverse the LCD with a selection on the 05 Maintenance panel, I did it on purpose for the NAV maps reads easier. Another 05 change.
I thought the NAV models were full-color LCDs not just the amber on black?

Do you have any specs on those little lights for the shift console, so I know what to buy without doing something stupid? LOL

·
4,994 Posts
True True true. BOTH the Color NAV and the Electroluminescent displays are reversible.

In 05,

I may have have one too many Scotches as I am going absolutely nuts with this 802.11G wireless file transfer to the XBOX using Flash FXP (anyone know good stuff about this subject? please PM me and a phone # I'll call you and no cost to you) just a few minutes of time, I won't overdo.

Back to the subject, My LCD is reversed for maps and When I was looking at the )%'s I played with a Electroluminescent unit as it was referable also, IMHO > :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts