Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me how to get the center consul apart my buttons for my heated seats and 4wheel lock have dropped and I need access to fix them.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
You need to download the service

manual... $20. Do a search on this forum to obtain link.

Why you dont bring it to the dealer?
Will this fall under warranty?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemme see why don't I take it to a dealer ?

First dealer ( where I bought the car ) installed a trailer harness for me with the wrong sized quick splices ...result no trailer lights .....result pulled over by the state police on vacation.

Second dealer two or three visits on window rattle ....result broken cell phone bracket...... broken trim on door ( the mechanic only fessed up when I found it later ) ..... crease in door from a wall or a tool box whcih I did not find until I washed a few days later. Alternator started making noise so I took it in and they said they would order one and call me when it was in .......few days later I called and no alternator was on order ...

Back to first dealer ( who had alternator in stock) alternator replaced but noise did not go away back in a week later to have the cd player replaced and the noise checked out again. (quote compared to known good Murano no noise found)

Result cell phone bracket and trim around bottom of cd falls of regularly ....

On vacation again noise get much worse dealer in the states find bolts not tightened after the alternator change air conditioner compressor bolts backed out 1/2" and idler bolt so loose idler cocked enough to through the belt of the pulleys just as the we hunted the source of the noise. Kudos to ( Ray Shultons Motors in The Dalles Oregon who went out of their way to get me back on the road )

Result another day of my holidays wasted.

And you ask me why I don't take it to the dealer?

They are too scary!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
eager... that is one bad-ass dealer :0)

anyway, Do you have the service manual?
I can look it up for you tonight whether the procedure to remove center console is in there or not. Believe me, it worths the effort (and $$) to download the manual.

·
5,268 Posts
I will post it tonight............went through it 3 weeks ago when I was fixing rattles.........It took me 1 hr to puul everything appart, 5 min to fix the rattles, 1 hr put everything back together..................hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......Nissan engineers.........

·
5,268 Posts
OK, here it is.
part 1

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
part 2

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
part 3

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Kris

Dealer did pickup all my repair costs in the states today plus covered the oil change and tire rotation I had done down there while it was on the hoist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts