Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The easiest way to tell is to check for the VDC off button on the left side of the dash.

·
4,601 Posts
Speaking of the buttons on the left side of the dash, I noticed in my SL that the wire and connectors are there. (I seem to remember for both of them.)

Which then, makes me wonder... How much else is there? Has anyone had a look at that? Might be interesting to see if that could be used to add VDC and if there's a significant parts difference elsewhere. Also, I wonder if the HID switch could be used for aftermarket HIDs or even the OEM ones...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I hope that the VDC option is more than just a switch. I think I would sue Nissan is they sold an expensive option that all Muranos have, and you just need a switch to make it work.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
lnichols said:
I hope that the VDC option is more than just a switch. I think I would sue Nissan is they sold an expensive option that all Muranos have, and you just need a switch to make it work.
Not only that, but they don't let you have the VDC option unless you get the touring package. If it were just a switch, why would they have that limitation? (actually, I question why they have that limitation anyway, but that's a different rant).

~ Corin

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
ahhhhh one word..... KAACHING!!!!!!! Dollars baby... dollars. If they figure most will buy it, it saves mucho money to just always install it and just drop a switch in.

However I don't believe that this is so and there is more than just a switch. I would be willing to bet that all necessary wiring and harness are there but just like the switch the end hardware is missing.

You know just like the 2003 sat harness..... DOOOOH!!!! :headshake

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I doubt "most" MO buyers even know what the VSC is good for. Its like how most drivers do not know how to use the ABS effectively.

The VSC consists of computer control of the ABS hydraulics that respond to signals from a yaw sensor I believe.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, VDC has a yaw sensor and also looks to see what you're doing with the steering wheel and brakes, then controls the brakes independently to straighten the vehicle out (while you're drifting the Murano through a turn which is why the switch is there...)

Just remembered this thread...

Description of VDC/TCS/ABS/EBC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts