Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a problem with the photo I'm attaching to this post. Can you spot it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
well lesse.

I see that it is quite warm outside.

I see that the A/C is on and the fan is churning!

I see that you are on "Recirc" for MAX cooling.

And I see that the defroster is on.................huh?

Homer

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hfelknor said:
I see that you are on "Recirc" for MAX cooling.

And I see that the defroster is on.................huh?
Nice work!

It's a bug I found in the display software. The display is incorrect regarding the recirc, the air is coming out the floor area and the defrost area and it is not recirculating.

I can't promise you'll be able to reproduce it, as they may have fixed it in newer versions, but to make it show up, follow the following steps:

- Manually set the output to floor & defrost
- Set the A/C on
- Turn the Murano off
- Turn the Murano back on

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because the system works the way it's supposed to (no recirc when defrost is on), even when the display says otherwise.

Oh and also, turning the A/C off will display non-recirc mode again, and you can switch A/C back on and the display shows recirc mode again.

Also, the outside air button (non-recirc button) does not function (as in does not change the display) when this display problem is occurring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have anyone compared their outside Temp with anybody in the parking lot?

My officemate and I park side by side. She have Honda 05 Pilot. I have O4 MO. The outside temp reading on the MO is always 7-10 degrees hotter (it never fails). Frankly don't get it.

Any idea on why this is so?

·
Registered
132 Posts
chita1987usa said:
Have anyone compared their outside Temp with anybody in the parking lot?

My officemate and I park side by side. She have Honda 05 Pilot. I have O4 MO. The outside temp reading on the MO is always 7-10 degrees hotter (it never fails). Frankly don't get it.

Any idea on why this is so?
Are your two suv's different colors? I know that the outside temp on my MO reads very high when I start the car. I've always figured that's because the midnight blue exterior attracts a lot of extra heat, especially in the Tx sun. About 5 minutes into my drive, it's more accurate...

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
57 Posts
Her SUV is White with gray interior, and mine is Silver with black interior.

Silver vs. white does that really make a lot of difference?

Or is it the interior absorbing the heat.... but it does not make sense since we're talking about the outside temp here. :confused:

What sucks is: her reading is right based on how it feels (outside temp wise)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It might be the location of the exterior temp sensors. My recollection (based on this forum maybe a year ago) was that the Mo's was low to the ground so read high at first due to heat radiating off of the pavement. I have no idea where the Pilot's might be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts