Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than waiting until this evening to take a measurement, I thought I'd ask here... :D

Trying to figure out if I can get 4'x8' sheets of drywall to fit in the MO.

Anyone?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't know the measurement.

To the question of the 4x8 sheets - the answer is kind of.

I was able to get 4 4x8 sheets of 3/4" ply in the back. BUT, they will not lay flat. I would NOT do this with drywall otherwise you'll find halfway through your trip they will fit ;)

Also the length isn't there.

And it is a lot of weight in the back and the steering gets really really funny.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to rent the truck from Lowes to get the stuff home.

DOH

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Is it possible to tie it on the roof rails? With some rags to stop any scraping of them. Home Depot will provide the tie rope and you can bring the rags with you . GRIP :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GripperDon said:
Is it possible to tie it on the roof rails? With some rags to stop any scraping of them. Home Depot will provide the tie rope and you can bring the rags with you . GRIP :D
Considering one sheet of drywall is 64 pounds, I'm not sure how many of those I want to lift onto the roof and haul back.

Besides... They need to lay perfectly flat or they'll break.

·
Registered
781 Posts
In all honesty - I'd just rent their truck and not worry about dings, tie-downs, breakage...

·
4,601 Posts
However, the Murano will take a Samsung rear projection 42" TV still in the shipping box. I'd say that's the biggest thing I've ever put in there. There was room left, for, uh, nothing...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Top ten reasons I kept the Pick up and traded the minivan...

10. Mulch
9. Top soil
8. Railroad ties
7. Concrete pavers
6. Landfill runs
5. TV/furniture pick ups
4. Pea gravel
3. tons of wet,dirty, smelly camping gear
2. Who knows how many 4x8 sheets of plywood/drywall
1. Haulin the kids around the campsite.....

The P/U gets all the dirty work...
The Mo gets all the profilin' work...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts